Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 5:06 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 30, 8206 E. Asbury Lane, North Webster. Driver: Brandon Bermingham, 24, Palding Road, Fort Wayne. Bermingham’s vehicle left the roadway and struck a parked vehicle registered to Ryan Smith, North Webster. After striking the parked vehicle, Bermingham’s vehicle continued off the roadway and struck a mailbox. Bermingham left the accident scene at that time. Officers were able to located Bermingham and his vehicle. Bermingham was arrested for OWI and leaving the scene of an accident. Damage up to $50,000.
- 7:08 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 29, West Crystal Lake Road and South CR 500W, Warsaw. Driver: Brandon Webster, 22, Cyrstal Lake Road, Warsaw. Webster’s vehicle ran off the roadway and crashed into a utility pole. Damage up to $5,000.
- 11:14 p.m. Friday, Aug. 28, West CR 200S, east of CR 400W, Warsaw. Driver: Ian Becker, 17, CR 200S, Warsaw. Becker’s vehicle struck a bump in the road, causing him to lose control of the vehicle. Becker’s vehicle began to roll and went up an embankment, before coming to rest in the nearby woods. Damage up to $25,000.
- 3:40 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 26, 8345 S. SR 19, Mentone. Drivers: Corey Fincher, 17, CR 700N, Rochester; Mason Purvis,17, Hohman Lane, Claypool; and Dradyn Kuhn, 17, CR 950W, Mentone. Fincher’s vehicle rear-ended Purvis’ vehicle, which then rear-ended Kuhn’s vehicle while on the Tippecanoe Valley High School access road. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 4:41 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 30, Argonne Road and Durbin Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Crystal Siemasko, 30, Prairie Street, Leesburg; and Dale Swarts, 60, Deerwood Court, Warsaw. Siemasko’s vehicle rear-ended Swarts’ vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.
- 12:32 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 30, US 30 and Old Road 30, Warsaw. Drivers: Candace Wolkins, 76, CR 325E, Warsaw; and Elena Ramirez, 17, CR 650N, Leesburg. Wolkins wrongly assumed that she had a green light and continued her vehicle into the intersection. Wolkins’ vehicle was struck by Ramirez’s vehicle, which had the right of way. Damage up to $5,000.
- 1:19 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 29, 3611 Commerce Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: Charlette Sauders, 52, Packerton Road, Warsaw; and Linda Craft, 63, Fall Creek Drive, Fort Wayne. Sauders’ vehicle rear-ended Craft’s vehicle while in the McDonald’s drive-thru. Damage up to $10,000.
- 8:50 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 29, Jalynn Street and SR 15, Warsaw. Drivers: Luis Malagon, 38, Michaels Street, Warsaw; and Alexi Demopoulos, 24, Widaman Street, Winona Lake. Malagon’s vehicle rear-ended Demopoulos’ vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.
- 11 p.m. Friday, Aug. 28, North Sunset Drive and Anchorage Road, Warsaw. Driver: Jose Cuahuizo, 23, CR 175E, Warsaw. A witness saw Cuahuizo’s vehicle drive over a curb and collide with a stop sign. The witness suggested calling the police to make a report when Cuahuizo fled the scene. Upon arrival, officers located Cuahuizo and determined him to be under the influence of alcohol. Damage up to $5,000.
- 5:11 p.m. Friday, Aug. 28, West Winona Avenue and South Washington Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Avis Gunter, 92, CR 600S, Claypool; and Francia Glenn, 60, Winona Avenue, Warsaw. Gunter drove her vehicle through the intersection, colliding with Glenn’s vehicle. After the initial collision, Gunter’s vehicle traveled into a parking lot and also struck a parked vehicle registered to Enterprise LSG Corp. of Indianapolis. Damage up to $25,000.