MENTONE — The Bell Memorial Public Library is excited to announce that they have launched the genealogy section of its website.
To access, just go to https://www.bell.lib.in.us and click on the genealogy tab on the menu bar. From there, you can click on the blue buttons. Patrons interested in genealogy can access old newspapers that have now been digitalized, as well as obituaries from the area.
The library board will meet from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 31, both in-person and via Zoom.
For any patrons wishing to do so, the library is continuing to offer curbside services. There are no limits on how much material can be requested. Patrons wishing to exercise this option can call (574) 353-7234 or (574) 551-9007 to request materials. You can also email Stephen Boggs at [email protected]
The teen book club will begin meeting again from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 1. The current read is “I Will Always Write Back” by Caitlin Alifirenka. Teens interested in participating can contact Natalie Salazar at (574) 353-7234.
The library still has a few of the adult coloring kits available. These kits contain coloring pages, a coloring book and a pack of colored pencils. These are free and can be picked up at the main circulation desk.
Bell Memorial Public Library has partnered with Kosciusko County United Way to be a registration spot for Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library. Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library is available to all children under 5 who live in Kosciusko County. Each child receives a free book every month until they turn 5. The books are in groups per birth year so that a brother doesn’t’ get the same set as older sister. Anyone can sign a child up and have the books delivered to the designated address. Interested patrons can fill out the registration forms and the library will take care of the rest. Registration forms are located at the main circulation desk.
See what’s streaming on Hoopla Digital. Log in to your account to check out these ebooks: Tempting the Prince by Christi Barth, Eye of the Storm by Kevin V. Symmons and Grateful American by Gary Sinise. Teens and children can browse these titles: Belly Laugh-Beach Jokes for Pirates and Mermaids by Sky Pony Press and Vegetables in Halloween Costumes by Jared Chapman. All you need is a valid Library card to enjoy what Hoopla Digital has to offer. See a staff member for more information.
New books coming soon to BMPL include:
- Part of Your Nightmare by Vera Strange
- Pete the Cat’s Happy Halloween by Kimberly Dean
- Ralph Compton Death Valley Drifter by Jeff Rovin
- Rapunzel’s Perfect Pony by Lauren Clauss
- Rebel Spy by Veronica Rossi
- Robert B. Parker’s Food’s Paradise by Mike Lupica
- Sanctuary by V.V. James
- Searching for Rose by Dana Becker
- The Sewer Rat Stink by Geronimo Sutton
- Shadows in Death by J.D. Robb
- Sharks Can’t Smile! By Elizabeth Dennis
- Shelter Mountain by Robyn Carr
- The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
- Sins of the Mother by August Norman
- The Stone Wall by Beverly Lewis
- Storm Dog by L.M. Elliot
- Texas Proud/Circle of Gold by Diana Palmer
- Thick as Thieves by Sandra Brown
- Three Single Wives by Gina Lamanna
- Tigers Can’t Purr! By Thea Feldman
- To Coach a Killer by Victoria Laurie
- To Tell You the Truth by Gilly Macmillan
- Troubled Blood by Robert Galbraith
- Turtle Boy by M. Evan Wolkenstein
- Two Reasons to Run by Colleen Coble
- Two Truths and a Lie by Meg Mitchell Moore
- The Ugly Doodles by Valerie Wicker
- Ultimate Guide to Furniture and Refinishing by Brian Hingley
- A Unicorn named Sparkle and the Pumpkin Monster by Any Young
- Waiting on a Cowboy by Jennifer Ryan
- When Pencil Met the Markers by Karen Kilpatrick
- Whispering Rock by Robyn Carr
- Who is David Beckham by Ellen Labrecque
- You Are Never Alone by Max Lucado