Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 8 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 22, East CR 800S and South CR 300E, Claypool. Drivers: Matthew Hume, 19, CR 780W, Mentone; and Joshua Weaver, 16, CR 800S, Claypool. Hume told officers that Weaver’s vehicle, which was pulling a farm trailer, moved to the side of the road. Hume believed this was to allow him to pass Weaver’s vehicle, but instead, Weaver was making a lefthand turn. Hume’s vehicle struck Weaver’s vehicle. Hume’s vehicle continued off the roadway, struck a fence and ended in a ditch. Damage up to $10,000.
- 6:55 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 22, 291 EMS T26 Lane, Leesburg. Driver: Jack Powrie. Powrie was backing up his vehicle with an attached boat trailer. Powrie’s vehicle struck a parked vehicle owned by Larry Mast, Milford. An OWI investigation was started and Powrie was arrested. Damage up to $5,000.
- 12:37 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 22, East CR 500N, west of Sullivan Road, North Webster. Drivers: Cody Miller, 28, EMS B64 Lane, Warsaw; and Brittanie Scheiber, 35, Gragg Street, Huntington. Miller’s vehicle rear-ended Scheiber’s vehicle, which was slowing down to make a turn. Damage up to $100,000.
- 7:13 p.m. Friday, Aug. 21, East US 30, south of CR 325E, Warsaw. Drivers: Richard Anderson, 85, Kincaide Street, Warsaw; and James Lewis, 61, Hitzfield Street, Huntington. Anderson’s vehicle was traveling southbound on CR 325E while Lewis’ vehicle was traveling eastbound on US 30. According to Lewis, Anderson’s vehicle stopped at the intersection and then crossed the median of US 30, colliding with Lewis’ vehicle. Anderson was transported for minor bleeding to the face while his passenger Nancy Barrett, Warsaw, suffered fatal injuries. Both Lewis and his passenger Pamela Lewis, received medical attention for complaints of pain. Damage up to $50,000.
- 5:15 p.m. Friday, Aug 21, Country Club Road and East CR 400S, Warsaw. Driver: Andrew Robinson, 33, North Manchester. Robinson swerved his vehicle to avoid a collision and struck a NIPSCO utility pole. Robinson suffered injuries to his head and was transported for medical attention. Damage up to $25,000.
- 4:21 p.m. Friday, Aug. 21, EMS T14 Lane, south of Armstrong Road, Leesburg. Driver: Dustin Nabinger, 42, EMS T14 Lane, Leesburg. Nabinger was hauling a trailer with his vehicle. The trailer struck a large rock which caused damage to the trailer. Damage up to $2,500.
- 3:45 p.m. Friday, Aug. 21, East Armstrong Road, west of CR 75E, Leesburg. Driver: Ethan Hibbs, 18, Himes Street, North Webster. Hibbs’ vehicle struck a deer in the roadway. Damage up to $5,000.
- 2:48 p.m. Friday, Aug. 21, South SR 13, north of CR 525E, Pierceton. Driver: Michael Williams, 61, Marydale Drive, Elkhart. Williams drove his vehicle through a road closed barricade and struck a pile of dirt that was piled up for construction. Damage under $750.
Officers with the Milford Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 6:48 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 22, North Main Street, south of Fourth Street, Milford. Drivers: Jorge Castro, 63, Main Street, Milford; and Lori Steury, 62, Hackett Road, Goshen. Castro was backing his vehicle, which was hauling wood, out onto Main Street. Steury attempted to stop for Castro’s vehicle but was unable to avoid striking the wood that hanging out of Castro’s vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 12:07 p.m Sunday, Aug. 23, Huntington Street, east of Chicago Street. Keith Busch, 46, Main Street, Syracuse. Busch told the responding officer that he believed his vehicle was in park but that his car continued forward and struck a building. Alcohol was a factor in the accident and Busch was arrested for OWI. Damage up to $1,000.
- 2:48 p.m. Friday, Aug. 21, North Main Street, south of Portland Street, Syracuse. Driver: Cadence Bartz, 19, Wray Street, Atwood. Witnesses saw Bartz drive his motorcycle at an unsafe speed, lose control and hit a curb. Bartz was ejected from the motorcycle and transported from the scene for medical attention. Damage up to $1,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 6:05 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 23, SR 15, north of CR 300N, Warsaw. Driver: Shalee Mangun, 28, CR 950S, Silver Lake. Mangun told officers she reached to grab a pack of cigarettes and her vehicle drifted to the left. Mangun’s vehicle went over the center divider and struck a sign. Damage up to $10,000.
- 10:55 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 23, 3354 Lake City Highway. Driver: Amy Everidge, 37, Market Street, Huntington. While waiting in an ATM line, a vehicle backed up into the front of Everidge’s vehicle. The driver of the unknown vehicle asked if they could exchange information. When Everidge said she was calling the police to report the accident, the other driver left the scene. The fleeing vehicle was identified as belonging to Janisha Tate of Fort Wayne. Damage up to $2,500.
- 6:35 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 22, North CR 174E, east of CR 75N, Warsaw. Driver: Michael Click, 55, Deerfield Path, Warsaw. Click told officers that a black car passed him and then cut him off on the roadway. The two vehicles stopped at a stop sign and words were exchanged about the altercation. Both vehicles quickly sped off, but the black car slammed on their brakes, causing Click’s vehicle to rear-end their vehicle. After the accident, the driver of the black car left the scene. Damage up to $10,000.
- 1:17 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 22, 3660 Commerce Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: Dale Doron, 79, Bibler Avenue, Winona Lake; and Desiree Albright, 16, SR 25, Rochester. Doron backed his vehicle into Albright’s vehicle, which was stopped in the parking lot. Damage up to $2,500.