Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 5:47 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 20, South SR 13, north of CR 600E, Pierceton. Driver: Jason Blair, 45, Linlawn Drive, Wabash. Blair’s vehicle struck a deer in the roadway. Damage up to $10,000.
- 11:52 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 20, West CR 900N, east of CR 475W, Warsaw. Driver: Richard Roll, 30, Second Street, Decatur. Roll moved his vehicle over to the right for a passing truck. His vehicle entered a ditch and struck a utility pole. Damage up to $10,000.
- 7:01 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 20, South SR 13, south of CR 600E, Warsaw. Driver: Thomas Williams, 57, EMS B20A Lane, Pierceton. Williams’ vehicle was struck a by deer in the roadway. Damage up to $5,000.
- 2:57 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 19, West CR 900N, east of Orn Road, Warsaw. Drivers: German Gomez-Rodriguez, 31, CR 900N, Milford; and Jillian O’Sullivan, 39, Craig Drive, Oak Forest, Ill. Gomez-Rodriguez slowed down his vehicle to turn into a driveway and turned into the path of O’Sullivan’s oncoming vehicle. O’Sullivan and two passengers from her vehicle, Connor O’Sullivan, 10, Oak Forest, and Majorie Meye, 72, Fort Wayne, were transported for injuries. Damage up to $25,000.
- 4:51 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 18, North SR 19, east of CR 1000W, Nappanee. Driver: Trey Hogan, 27, Water Street, Ligonier. Hogan’s vehicle rear-ended a horse-drawn buggy. A passenger in the buggy was transported to a local hospital due to minor cuts and scrapes. The horse involved in the accident had a broken leg and was euthanized. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 11:09 a.m. Friday, Aug. 21, SR 15 and Plaza Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: Ryan Caudill, 24, Levi Lee Road, Warsaw; and Faith Fitzloff, 64, EMS T13F Lane, Leesburg. Caudill was waiting to turn onto SR 15 and saw Fitzloff’s vehicle with its turn signal on. Caudill continued into the roadway and struck Fitzloff’s vehicle. Fitzloff explained that her turn signal was on because she had just merged lanes and was not actually turning off the roadway. Damage up to $5,000.
- 2:07 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 20, 1535 W. Center St., Warsaw. Drivers: Thomas Hartman, 63, Hofer Avenue, Fort Wayne; and Sherri Bradford, 53, Pikeview Drive, Warsaw. The two vehicles collided in the parking lot. Damage up to $5,000.