Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 9:51 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 15, East Armstrong Road, east of North CR 75E, Leesburg. Driver: James L. Russell, 73, West Old Stone Road, Peru. Russell was traveling west on Armstrong Road when his vehicle entered a ditch and began to roll. Russell’s vehicle then came to rest upside down in a field. He was taken to Lutheran Hospital in Fort Wayne for internal injuries to his abdomen and pelvis. Damage up to $10,000.
- 10:07 a.m. Friday, Aug. 14, East US 30, west of East Van Ness Road, Pierceton. Driver: Stevie D. Jefferson, 65, South CR 500E, Pierceton. Jefferson was traveling west on the north shoulder of US 30 on a moped when he lost control of his vehicle after running over some fallen branches. Jefferson sustained multiple injuries, including a left leg fracture and a head injury. He was taken to Lutheran Hospital in Fort Wayne due to his injuries. Damage up to $5,000.
- 4:56 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 13, South CR 500E, near East Pierceton Road, Pierceton. Drivers: Amber E. Hagan, 20, West Island View Drive, Warsaw; and Kim L. Thomas, 60, East CR 375S, Warsaw. Hagan was traveling south on CR 500E when she stopped at her vehicle at a stop sign. She did not notice Thomas’s vehicle traveling west on Pierceton Road and entered Thomas’s path of travel. Thomas complained of chest and wrist pain but refused treatment at the scene. Damage up to $25,000.
- 3:26 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 13, West CR 900N, east of North Old SR 15, Milford. Driver: Jimmy D. Hunley, 61, EMS B37 Lane 96, Warsaw. Hunley was traveling west on CR 900N when his vehicle left the roadway, striking a utility pole. No injuries were reported. Damage up to $10,000.
Officers with the Mentone Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 3:49 p.m. Friday, Aug. 14, SR 25, east of CR 700W, Mentone. Drivers: Jaron R. Bubb, 18, North Broadway Street, Mentone; and Charles S. McSherry, 79, West Shilling Road, Mentone. Both Bubb and McSherry were traveling east on SR 25 when Bubb rear-ended McSherry’s vehicle. No injuries were reported in the accident. Damage up to $50,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 3:06 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 16, 310 E. Main St., Warsaw. Driver: Jennifer R. Quillen, 29, South Detroit Street 172, Warsaw. Quillen was taken to Kosciusko Community Hospital for treatment for low blood sugar. Her vehicle went from the CVS parking lot and jumped a curb, leaving the roadway and damaging landscaping at Warsaw Community Public Library. Quillen’s vehicle also hit a dumpster and part of the library. The building had a tire rub mark where the collision occurred. Damage up to $10,000.
- 10:20 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 15, East Winona Avenue, east of South Park Avenue, Warsaw. Drivers: Edna R. Bryant, 91, South CR 600E, Pierceton; and Adam S. Atassi, 22, Amherst Court, Valparaiso. Bryant was attempting to turn out of a parking lot when she struck Atassi’s vehicle. No injuries were reported in the accident. Damage up to $10,000.
- 9:27 p.m. Friday, Aug. 14, US 30, near Old Road 30, Warsaw. Drivers: Madison T. McClintic, 16, North Sawgrass Lane, Leesburg; and Ryan Z. Curell, 30, East Main Street, Warsaw. McClintic was stopped in the left hand turn lane on US 30 when she turned left before the light changed to green. The front of her vehicle hit Curell’s vehicle in the driver’s side. A passenger in McClintic’s vehicle, Emma C. Dolci, 16, St. John, complained of upper right arm and lower lip pain. Damage up to $25,000.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 9:45 p.m. Monday, Aug. 17, CR 250S and CR 575E, Rochester. Driver: Jessica L. Honeycutt, 35, Rochester. Hit deer.
- 9:18 p.m. Monday, Aug. 17, SR 110 and CR 550E, Rochester. Driver: Joyce E. Lybarger, 44, Rochester. Hit deer.
- 12:37 p.m. Monday, Aug. 17, US 31 and SR 25. Drivers: Rhonda J. Hooker, 63, Plymouth; and William P. Harless, 45, Union, Ky. Hooker’s and Harless’s vehicles collided.