Officers with the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 11:28 a.m. Friday, Aug. 14, CR 36 and SR 119. Drivers: Stephanie Chupp, 26, Syracuse; and Abbie Boyer, 67, Nappanee. Chupp complained of head pain. Boyer complained of neck pain. Both drivers were taken to Goshen Hospital. Chupp swerved to miss an animal in the roadway, going into the westbound lane of travel, sideswiping the Boyer vehicle. Chupp was issued a warning for driving left of center.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 3:34 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 16, SR 14 and CR 400e, Rochester. Driver: Terry M. Charles, 40, Rochester. Charles’ vehicle struck several mailboxes.
- 6:23 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 15, East CR 750S, Macey. Driver: Larry W. Baird, 80, Macy. No further information is available.
- 5:18 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 15, US 31 and SR 110, Rochester. Drivers: Barbara A. Winters, 82, Culver; and Adrian R. Karns, 37, Kewanna. Karns and Winters were transported to area hospitals. A passenger in Winter’s vehicle was flown to an area hospital where he was pronounced dead. Winters failed to see the Karns vehicle before crossing US 31 on SR 110.
- 4:55 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 15, SR 19, Akron. Driver: Aaron D. Bakian, 31, Etna Green. Bakian was flown to an area hospital. No further information was available.