Officers with the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 4:08 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 11, CR 38 and CR 17. Drivers: Jarrod Peace, 21, Syracuse; and David Morgan, 46, Osceola. Peace sustained laceration to the face and complained of pain to the right arm. He was transported to Goshen Hospital for treatment. Peace failed to yield the right of way to Morgan’s vehicle.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 4:46 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 12, SR 25 and CR 500N, Rochester. Drivers: Garrett H. Rose, 22, Knox; and Phillip C. Anderson, 79, Argos. The two vehicles collided causing the northbound and southbound lanes of SR 25 to be shutdown.
- 12:51 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 11, US 31 and SR 110, Rochester. Driver: Timothy T. McIntosh, 59, Walkerton. McIntosh’s semitractor/trailer struck the back of a vehicle, which pulled out in front of him. The driver of the vehicle stopped, grabbed the vehicle’s bumper and left.
- 6:07 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 11, US 31 and CR 350S. Driver: Andrew L. Canales, 21, Wyoming, Mich. Canales’ box truck rolled over in the northbound lane, blocking both lanes.
- 8:46 p.m. Monday, Aug. 10, SR 25 and R 300S, Rochester. Driver: Brian E. Townsend, 51, Rochester. Hit deer.
- 6:06 p.m. Monday, Aug. 10, US 31 and SR 110, Rochester. Drivers: Paul E. Rothwell, 49, Zionsville; and Kasey M. Javier, 32, Rochester. Javier’s vehicle struck the recreational vehicle Rothwell was driving. Javier was taken to South Bend Memorial Hospital. A passenger in Javier’s vehicle, Rothwell and passengers in his vehicle suffered minor injuries.
- 4:42 p.m. Monday, Aug. 10, SR 25, Rochester. Driver: Craig E. Wallace, 34, Fulton. Wallace’s vehicle went off the road and hit a tree. Wallace suffered bleeding to the hand and wrist.
- 8:47 a.m. Monday, Aug. 10, South Mishawaka Street, Akron. Driver: Kellie A. Engle, 53, Akron. Hit deer.
- 7:48 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 9, CR 100N and CR 200W, Rochester. Driver: Gunther V. Halterman, 16, Macey. Halterman’s vehicle went off the road and halfway into a ditch.
- 12:38 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 8, Strawberry Lane, Rochester. Driver: Richard I. Seese, 67, Rochester. Injured: Lloyd Phillips, 51, Leiters Ford, suffered unknown serious injuries and was airlifted to Memorial Hospital, South Bend. Seese reportedly drove his vehicle off the end of a ramp while it was being worked on, hitting Phillips who was dragged several feet.