MENTONE – The Bell Memorial Public Library events for the week of August 10 – 14
TVSC first day of school will be Wednesday, August 12, 2020.
There are no changes to the school calendar or schedules. School will begin Aug. 12 for students. Start and dismissal times will remain the same as last year: Elementary: 8:40 a.m. / 3:30 p.m., TVMS: 8:11 a.m./3:16 p.m. (6th grade) 8:15 a.m./3:20 p.m. (7th-8th grade), TVHS: 8:15 a.m./3:30 p.m.
Creative Corner grab-n-go kits for the month of August are now available. This month, the kits contain everything needed to make a Bubble Bracelet. There is no cost and these can be picked up at our main circulation desk or patrons can call 574-353-7234 to reserve one. Colors vary.
Just a friendly reminder that Bell Memorial Public Library will end our 2020 Summer Reading Program on Saturday, August 8. Last day to turn in your reading logs and collect your prizes will be Monday, August 10.
New books coming soon to BMPL; **Please note that some of these are pre-ordered. We do not receive them until they are released from the publisher**
- All the Broken People by Leah Konen
- The Answer Is…by Alex Trebek
- Beware the Flecken! By Calliope Glass
- Bitter Pill by Fern Michaels
- The Book of Lost Names by Kristin Harmel
- The Bottom Line for Baby by Tina Payne Bryson
- The Brightest Star by Fern Michaels
- Ballet for a Stranger by William W. Johnstone
- Bunnies on the Bus by Philip Ardagh
- Bury the Hatchet by William W. Johnstone
- A Case of Cat and Mouse by Sofie Kelly
- Chance of A Lifetime by Jude Deveraux
- Chaos by Iris Johanson
- Chemistry for Kids by Liz Lee Heinecke
- Choppy Water by Stuart Woods
- The Christmas Swap by Melody Carlson
- The Coast-to-Coast Murders by James Patterson
- Dark Agenda by David Horowitz
- The Darkest Evening by Ann Cleaves
- Dead Men Don’t Lie by Jackson Cain
- The Dilemma by B.A. Paris
- Disney Who’s Who by Brooke Vitale
- Dragon fire by Ted Bell
- The Evening and the Morning by Ken Follett
Bell Memorial Public Library has partnered with Kosciusko County United Way to be a registration spot for Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library. Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library is available to all children under 5 who live in Kosciusko County. Each child receives a free book every month until they turn 5. The books are in groups per birth year so Brother doesn’t get the same set as older Sister. Anyone can sign a child up and have the books delivered to the designated address. Interested patrons can fill out the registration forms and we will take care of the rest. Registration forms are located at our main Circulation desk.
See what’s streaming on Hoopla Digital! Log in to your account to check out these audiobooks: Epic Solitude by Katherine Keith, everything is Going to Be K.O. by Kaiya Stone and Dividing Line by Heather Atkinson. Teens and children can browse these titles: Pollyanna by Eleanor H. Porter and Gustavo, the Shy Ghost by Flavia Z. Drago. If you have a BMPL library card and are interested in more information about Hoopla Digital, please see a staff member.