Officers with the Silver Lake Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 6:54 p.m. Monday, Aug. 3, South CR 200W, south of SR 14, Silver Lake. Driver: Devin Ulshafer, 17, First Street, Liberty Mills. Ulshafer told officers that he was attempting to pass a slow-moving vehicle but the vehicle swerved in an attempt to stop him from passing. Ulshafer’s vehicle traveled off the east side of the roadway, causing Ulshafer to overcorrect and drive off the west side of the roadway before striking a utility pole. Ulshafer and his one of his passengers, Grayson Ulshafer, 16, Liberty Mills, were transported for injuries. A second passenger left the scene prior to the officer’s arrival and later received medical attention. Damage up to $10,000.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 4:34 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 5, 1081 Ridge Road, Rochester. Driver: Michael D. Nethercutt, 40, North Manchester. Nethercutt’s vehicle struck a mailbox.
- 5:50 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 5, West Olson Road and North 300W, Rochester. Ryan L Clingler, 47, Rochester. Clingler’s vehicle struck a deer.
- 2:04 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 5, East SR 110 and North 375E, Rochester. Driver: Aaron Maple, no other information available. Maple’s vehicle struck a deer.
- 11:39 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 4, North SR 25 and East SR 110, Rochester. Driver: Silvia R. Fornal, 31, Star City. Fornal’s vehicle struck a deer.
- 11:18 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 4, West SR 14 and North SR 17, Kewanna. Driver: Kaleb J. Lucas, 33, Mishawaka. Lucas’ truck reportedly flipped over and was leaking diesel fuel. He was transported to Fulton County Airport where he was airlifted to a nearby hospital. SR 14 was temporarily shut down for cleanup.