By Maggie Kenworthy
WARSAW — Three new permit applications and seven renewals were approved during a Kosciusko County Alcohol and Tobacco Commission virtual meeting on Thursday, Aug. 6.
Kelly Jae LLC, doing business as Kelly Jae’s Lakeside, 110 E. Main St., Syracuse, requested a new beer, wine and liquor – riverfront permit. The new restaurant will feature in-dining services and a bar, along with carry-out food. The restaurant will feature limited separation between the bar and dining area.
It was noted that the location was close to a church, but it was located over the required 200-feet.
Kelly Graff, owner, explained that she previously had owned a restaurant in Goshen, Kelly Jae’s Cafe, for 12 years. The hope is that the new restaurant would open by the end of September.
The board approved this permit request.
The other two new permit applications were submitted by 28Fifty Management LLC, doing business as Stonehenge Golf Club, 2850 E. Pierceton Road, Winona Lake. One of the applications was for a beer retailer- restaurant while the other is for beer, wine and liquor – restaurant.
The golf course does currently hold an active permit, but the plan is to file a transfer for the existing permit to the upper-level of the building. The upper-level of the building will be operating as a separate on-premise restaurant. The two entities will be completely separate, even consisting of separate entrances and exits.
The two permit applications requested today would be for the main level of the building.
The board approved the two permit requests.
The following permits were renewed during the meeting with no violations:
- BAR B-Q LLC, doing business as Peterson’s Fish, 1009 S. Huntington St., Syracuse. Beer, wine and liquor – restaurant.
- DOLGENCORP LLC, doing business as Dollar General Store #19834, 8919 E. Black Point Road, Syracuse. Beer and wine dealer – grocery store.
- DOLGENCORP LLC, doing business as Dollar General Store #20445, 4739 N. SR 13, Leesburg. Beer and wine dealer – grocery store.
- Lisa Overmyer, doing business as Double Shot Liquor, 104 E. State St., Etna Green. Beer, wine and liquor – package store.
- McClure Oil Corporation, doing business as McClure Oil #37, 9311 S. SR 15, Silver Lake. Beer and wine dealer – grocery store.
- McClure Oil Corporation, doing business as McClure Oil #55, 311 S. Huntington St., Syracuse. Beer and wine dealer – grocery store.
- The Owls Nest, LLC, 7369 East CR 800N, North Webster. Beer, wine and liquor – catering hall.