Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 1:06 p.m. Monday, Aug. 3, EMS W23A Lane and EMS W23 Lane, North Webster. Driver: Billy Julian, 16, North CR 925E, North Webster. Julian told officers that she reached across her car and lost control of the vehicle. The vehicle left the south side of the roadway, striking approximately eight mailboxes, went into a ditch and struck two trees. Julian admitted to driving the vehicle without the owner’s permission and does not have a driver’s license. Damage up to $10,000.
- 8:53 a.m. Monday, Aug 3, North CR 400E, north of CR 100N, Warsaw. Driver: Layton Cooper, 16, South CR 350E, Warsaw. Cooper told officers that he swerved his vehicle to avoid a deer. The vehicle left the west side of the roadway, struck an embankment and came to rest in a cornfield. Damage up to $10,000.
- 10:23 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 2, West CR 500N and North CR 200W, Warsaw. Driver: James Crisp, 40, West CR 900N, Milford. Crisp’s vehicle struck a deer in the roadway. Damage up to $2,500.
- 1:25 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 2, South SR 25, west of South CR 600W, Warsaw. Driver: Sarah Akers, 43, Bancroft Avenue, Rochester. Akers told officers that a truck in front of her vehicle slammed on the brakes and she turned right to avoid a collision, colliding with a roadway sign. Damage up to $5,000.
- 11:15 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 1, East SR 14 and South CR 700E, South Whitley. Driver: Sharlie Klemm, 26, Mulberry Street, South Whitley. Klemm stated she was turning east of SR 14 when her window fogged up. Klemm’s vehicle entered a ditch and rolled over onto the passenger side. Damage up to $1,000.
- 1:58 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 1, East SR 14 and South Packerton Road, Warsaw. Drivers: Craig Ward, 48, Channel Street, North Webster; and Bryon Juarez Lemus, 41, Oliver Street, Fort Wayne. Ward pulled his vehicle into the intersection, in front of Juarez Lemus’ vehicle, causing an accident. Ward complained of pain and was transported by personal vehicle for medical attention. Juarez Lemus complained of head pain and was transported via ambulance for medical attention. Damage up to $25,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 12:53 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 4, Husky Trail, north of Parker Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Helen Smoker, 79, Prairie Street, Leesburg; and Harold Hawkins, 61, Prairie Street, Warsaw. Smoker was waiting at a stop sign when she realized her vehicle was too far forward. Smoker started to back up her vehicle, colliding into Hawkins’ vehicle behind her. Damage up to $2,500.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 3:01 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 4, CR 400S and SR 17, Kewanna. Driver: Jeffery I. Plummer, 17, Logansport. Hit deer.
- 2:10 p.m. Monday, Aug. 3, CR 700N and CR 500W, Rochester. Driver: Kimberly B. Caudill, 57, Rochester. Hit deer.
- 9:22 p.m. Friday, July 31, West CR 400N, Rochester. Driver: Brian E. Wierenga, 32, Rochester. Hit deer.