Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 29, at 139 E. Baker St., Warsaw. Drivers: Kyle A. Moody, 18, West Market St., Warsaw; and Cody M. Guzman, East Baker St., Warsaw. Moody was backing out of a parking spot when he ran into Guzman’s unoccupied vehicle, ripping the rear bumper most of the way off. Damage up: $5,000.
- 10:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 29, at 909 S. Buffalo St., near Kincade St., Warsaw. Driver: A youngster got into the family car. She turned the vehicle on and it began rolling backward. She escaped but the vehicle rolled into Community Grace Brethren Church. Damage up to: $50,000.
Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 6:36 a.m. Wednesday, July 29, North CR 975E, south of Epworth Forest Road, North Webster. Driver: Sarah M. Lehman, 44, North CR 975E, North Webster. Lehman’s vehicle struck a deer. Damage up to $5,000.
- 6:12 p.m. Tuesday, July 28, West CR 600N, Warsaw. Driver: Kristopher A. Macnak, 32, Van Buren Street, Leesburg. Macnak fell asleep while driving. His vehicle went off the side of the road and sideswiped a tree, then traveled across the road and struck a concrete barrier in the parking lot of the Clunette Elevator. Macnak complained of chest pain and was taken to the hospital by ambulance. Damage up to $25,000.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 4:19 p.m. Tuesday, July 28, Fort Wayne Road and CR 400E, Rochester. Driver: Charles F. Ellison, 77, Akron. Ellison’s vehicle struck a pole.