Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriffs Office responded to the following accidents:
- 3:03 p.m. Sunday, July 26, East Ryerson Road, east of South CR 750E, Pierceton. Driver: Tanisha R. Rose, 49, South CR 675E, Pierceton. Rose lost control on Ryerson Road, left the roadway and went into a ditch. Rose was transported to Parkview Whitley. Damage up to $2,500.
- 11:00 a.m. Sunday, July 26, East Pixie Parkway, east of North Sir Gallahad Place, Cromwell. Drivers: Cynthia M. Heileman, 26, East Pixie Parkway, Cromwell; and Nickle R. Baldwin, 62, East King Aurthur Trail, Cromwell. Heileman was backing out of her parking spot and struck Baldwin’s vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.
- 11:09 a.m. Saturday, July 25, South SR 13, north of East CR 600S, Pierceton. Driver: Jacob R. Barker, 19, Lexington Drive, Winona Lake. Barker was traveling south on SR 13 on a motorcycle. He saw construction barricades and hit his brakes. Subsequently, Barker, who was wearing a helmet, fell off the motorcycle and slid. He suffered a broken ankle. Damage up to $5,000.
- 9:53 p.m. Friday, July 24, US 30, west of North CR 500W, Warsaw. Drivers: Matthew G. Munson, 63, Foxboro Court, Naperville, Ill; and Larry L. Baker, 52, Armstrong Road, Leesburg. Baker was traveling eastbound on US 30 in the passing lane. Baker said he was passing a semi and that Munson’s vehicle was in his lane of travel going westbound. A witness described seeing Munson’s vehicle parked on the side of the roadway and the witness then observed Munson’s vehicle traveling west in the eastbound lane of traffic. Munson’s vehicle collided with Baker’s vehicle. Baker had minor bleeding to the elbow/lower arm. An OWI investigation was conducted. Damage up to $50,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department responded to the following accidents:
- 5:36 p.m. Sunday, July 25, North Parker St., near US 30, Warsaw. Drivers: Dennis L. Slabaugh, 51, 15th B Road, Bourbon; and Rebecca J. Allen, 63, West SR 10, Argos. Both vehicles were stopped at an intersection. Allen began to drive forward, and Slabaugh thought she was turning right. Slabaugh then hit the rear end of Allen’s vehicle. Damage up to: $10,000.
- 1:43 p.m. Sunday, July 26, Center Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Krystle A. Barton, 33, Front Street, Syracuse.and Jaime A. Vega Aguirre, 23, Wooster Road, Winona Lake. Barton’s vehicle was rear-ended by a small gray SUV, causing her vehicle to be pushed forward, striking Vega Aguirre’s vehicle. All three vehicles pulled into the parking lot at Zale’s Drugstore. The driver of the SUV said something indiscernible and then left the scene. Damage up to $5,000.
- 12:13 p.m. Saturday, July 25, US 30, near South Circle Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: Dallas L. Deckys, 39, East Main St., Atwood; and Travis R. Lansaw, 30, East CR 700S, Claypool. Deckys dropped a cup of coffee and bent down to get it. She then swerved into the right lane of US 30, striking Lansaw’s vehicle. Damage up to: $2,500
- 9:39 p.m. Friday, July 24, Lake Street, Warsaw. Driver: Loren W. Scharf, 35, South CR 600W, Mentone. Scharf was backing out of a parking space when his vehicle struck a parked, unoccupied vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.
- 12:10 p.m. Friday, July 24, Lake City Highway, Warsaw. Drivers: Jeffrey D. Madding, 40, Bluebird Drive, Warsaw; and Shaun K. Powers, 41, South CR 455E, Wolcottville. Both drivers were backing out of parking spaces when their vehicles collided. Damage up to $2,500.