Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 11:02 p.m. Thursday, July 23, North CR 350W, north of Old Road 30, Warsaw. Driver: Diego William Romero, 18, Old Road 30, Warsaw. Romero said he swerved to avoid striking a raccoon that entered the roadway. His vehicle went off the road and into a cornfield. The vehicle ended up on its side. Damage up to $10,000.
- 6:09 p.m. Thursday, July 23, Fox Farm Road, north of West Leigh Drive, Warsaw. Driver: Drew T. Brewton, 33, Woodland Acres Drive, Syracuse. The vehicle went off the side of the road, striking a steep ditch. Damage up to $5,000.
- 3:15 p.m. Thursday, July 23, Old Road 30, west of East Railroad Street, Etna Green. Drivers: Jeffrey R. Sneed, 29, Walnut Street, Etna Green; and Rikay E. Salmons, 29, Second Street, Plymouth. Sneed’s vehicle rear-ended Salmons’ vehicle. Damage up to $10,000.
Officers with the Mentone Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 4:55 p.m. Monday, July 20, CR 1000W, south of CR 800S, Mentone. Driver: David R. Norman, 41, Iwo Street, Auburn. Norman swerved to avoid striking a deer that entered the roadway. Norman’s vehicle went off the road and into a bean field. Damage up to $10,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department responded to the following accidents:
- 5:05 p.m. Thursday, July 23, Walton Boulevard, Warsaw. Drivers: Patricia J. Payette, 67, Ethan Court, Goshen; and Misti M. Higginbotham, 50, Main Street, Warsaw. Collision in Walmart parking lot. Damage up to $2,500.
- 7:36 a.m. Thursday, July 23, East Center Street, Warsaw. Divers: Amarae M. Dilley, 38, East Clark Street, Warsaw; and Priscilla A. Case, 65, South CR 300E, Warsaw. Dilley was traveling on Center Streetand drove through a red light, striking Case’s vehicle. Damage up to: $2,500.