Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 4:35 p.m. Monday, July 20, West US 30, east of North CR 350W, Warsaw. Driver: Courtney L. Shadday, 23, West 8th Street, Rochester. Shadday was traveling west on US 30 when her vehicle struck a large wooden object in the roadway. Damage up to $1,000.
- 9:43 a.m. Monday, July 20, North CR 175E, north of East 8 Square Road, Warsaw. Driver: Robert B. King, 36, East Himes Street, North Webster. King was traveling north on North CR 175E when his vehicle left the roadway, striking a mailbox. Damage up to $1,000.
- 5:54 a.m. Monday, July 20, West CR 1350N, east of North CR 700W, Nappanee. Driver: Joyce C. Stricklin, 77, East CR 1000N, Syracuse. Stricklin was traveling west on West CR 1350N and was attempting to pass a bicyclist when she struck the bicyclist with her vehicle’s outside mirror. The bicyclist, identified as Merle Miller, 26, Nappanee, complained of right leg pain but refused medical treatment. Damage up to $2,500.
- 1:36 p.m. Saturday, July 18, West Lutes Drive, east of North Grandview Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: Javon M. Clark, 25, North Pin Oak Drive B1, Mishawaka; and Austin W. Donovan, 30, West CR 300N, Etna Green. Clark was traveling west on West Lutes Drive when he turned into the path of Donovan’s motorcycle. Donovan complained of left ankle pain but did not seek medical attention at the scene. Damage up to $5,000.
- 11:05 p.m. Thursday, July 16, 12470 S. Packerton Road, Silver Lake. Driver: Rylan B. Perry, 19, North Westerner Winds Drive, Warsaw. Perry was traveling north on South Packerton Road when his vehicle went off the roadway. Damage up to $5,000.
- 10:43 p.m. Thursday, July 16, Pierceton Road, west of North 10th Street, Pierceton. Drivers: Dennis R. Florentine, 58, Lane Avenue 22A, Dyer; and Zach Reeves, 17, West Market Street, Pierceton. Florentine was traveling west on Pierceton Road when his vehicle veered left to center, hitting Reeves’ vehicle. Damage up to $1,000.
- 5:33 p.m. Thursday, July 16, East Backwater Road, west of North CR 950E, North Webster. Driver: Cynthia S. Dewitt, 63, West CR 200S 57, Pierceton. Dewitt was traveling west on East CR 600N when her vehicle left the roadway. Dewitt’s vehicle then entered a woods, breaking through multiple trees. Dewitt complained of left shoulder and head pain and was taken to Kosciusko Community Hospital. Damage up to $10,000.
Officers with the Silver Lake Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 5:40 p.m. Wednesday, July 15, North Pleasant Street, near West Coy Avenue, Silver Lake. Driver: Stephen M. Saner, 66, West Rochester Street, Akron. Saner was traveling south on North Pleasant Street when his vehicle hit a culvert. Damage up to $2,500.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 6:51 a.m. Monday, July 20, West CR 1350N, east of North CR 75W, Milford. Driver: Lori A. Wesley, 58, Meadows Lane, Nappanee. Wesley was traveling west on West CR 1350N when a deer entered the roadway. Damage under $750.
- 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 18, 1013 N. Long Drive, Syracuse. Driver: Janet A. Miller, 65, CR 21, Goshen. Miller was backing her vehicle to pull into a parking space when she struck a parked, unoccupied vehicle. Damage under $750.
- 2:37 p.m. Friday, July 17, South Huntington Street, north of East Pickwick Street, Syracuse. Drivers: Isiah R. Faurote, 18, North Hillside Lane, Syracuse; and Nicole J. Miller, 35, West Catholic Street, Pierceton. Faurote was traveling south on South Huntington Street when he rear-ended Miller’s vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.
- 2:54 p.m. Wednesday, July 15, 5793 E. Pickwick Drive, west of South Harkless Drive, Syracuse. Driver: Marilyn J. Sickafoose, 69, Northeast Wawasee Drive, Syracuse. Sickafoose went to start her vehicle when it went forward, hitting a fence and pushing a table where customers of the Channel Marker Restaurant sat. Amanda K. Uskert, 40, Fishers, sustained a bruise on her upper thigh and a minor finger injury. No one was taken to the hospital. Damage under $750.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 2:09 a.m. Wednesday, July 22, Country Club Drive South, near Country Club Road, Warsaw. Driver: Justin O. Marsh, 30, Country Club Drive South, Warsaw. Marsh was traveling south on Country Club Road when a deer entered the roadway. As he swerved his vehicle to avoid a collision, Marsh’s vehicle struck a curb. No injuries were reported in the accident. Damage up to $10,000.
- 3:16 p.m. Tuesday, July 21, East Center Street, near Eastlake Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: Deepkumar M. Sharma, 27, East Fort Wayne Street 6, Warsaw; and Patricia L. Contreras, 36, Shawnee Drive, Warsaw. Sharma was traveling west on East Center Street when he rear-ended Contreras’ vehicle. No injuries were reported in the accident. Damage up to $10,000.
- 5:13 p.m. Monday, July 20, East Winona Avenue, west of South Park Avenue, Warsaw. Drivers: Tobias R. Shively, 36, East Pink Magnolia Drive, Warsaw; and Samantha L. Burleson, 20, Clinic Court, Warsaw. Shively was attempting to make a left turn onto East Winona Avenue when he struck Burleson’s vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.
- 5:13 p.m. Monday, July 20, West Jefferson Street, west of South Union Street, Warsaw. Driver: Sherylynn Dalrymple, 74, West Jefferson Street, Warsaw. A witness said they saw Dalrymple’s vehicle traveling south on South Union Street when her vehicle hit a stop sign on the south side of the intersection. Her vehicle then continued to turn right, leaving the roadway and striking a tree. Dalrymple was taken to Parkview Hospital for chest pain. Damage up to $25,000.
- 5:01 p.m. Monday, July 20, SR 15, near Canal Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Scott R. Cooksey, 40, South CR 800E, Akron; and Brendan A. Wareham, 20, West Park Avenue, Bourbon. Cooksey was traveling north on SR 15 when his vehicle rear-ended Wareham’s vehicle. Wareham was attempting to turn onto Canal Street at the time of the accident. No injuries were reported in the accident. Damage up to $10,000.
Officers with the Winona Lake Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 6 p.m. Sunday, July 19, 2402 E. Winona Ave., Winona Lake. Driver: Ronald L. Wilson, 77, East Winona Avenue 5, Winona Lake. Wilson was backing his vehicle from a car port when he struck a pedestrian. The pedestrian, Joy J. Lohse, 53, Winona Lake, sustained a broken left hip due to the accident. Wilson took Lohse to the Kosciusko Community Hospital for treatment as soon as the accident occurred. Damage up to $10,000.
- 11:09 a.m. Saturday, July 18, US 30, near East Old Road 30, Warsaw. Drivers: Jessica Walles, 30, West 2nd Street 105, Delphos, Ohio; and Stephanie L. Poynter, 32, Dellview Drive, Fort Wayne. Walles was traveling west on US 30 when she rear-ended Poynter’s vehicle. No injuries were reported in the accident. Damage up to $10,000.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 6:37 p.m. Monday, July 20, Southeast Lakeshore Drive, Macy. Driver: Judith K. Fields, 71, Wabash. No further information is available.