Officers with the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 10:43 p.m. Sunday, July 19, SR 15 and CR 146, New Paris. Drivers: William Huston, 85, Columbia City; and Jeffrey Mathews, 45, New Paris. Injured: Alberta Lee, 83, North Binkley Road, no town listed, complained of pain to the neck, chest and left leg. She was taken to Goshen Hospital. Huston’s vehicle struck the back of the Mathews vehicle.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 9:27 p.m. Sunday, July 19, US 31 and C 450N, Rochester. Driver: Parrish J. Shepherd, 40, Lafayette. Hit deer.
- 10:37 a.m. Saturday, July 18, SR 14, Akron. Driver: Chase A. Thomas, 19, Rochester. Thomas fell asleep while driving the night before causing his vehicle to go off the road into a woods. When he awoke he came to a residence to notify police.
- 7:15 p.m. Friday, July 17, SR 14 and CR 775E, Akron. Driver: Melissa A. Harper, 40, Fort Wayne. Hit deer.
- 5:04 p.m. Thursday, July 16, CR 600W and SR 14, Rochester. Driver: William J. Powell, 51, Kewanna. Hit deer.
- 4:41 p.m. Wednesday, July 15, Washington and Old 17, Kewanna. Driver: Kaleb P. Bauer, 25, Monterey; and Rachel K. Belcher, 35, Rochester. Bauer’s and Belcher’s vehicles collided.
- 10:44 p.m. Tuesday, July 14, West Side Road and Wabash Avenue, Rochester. Driver: Lucas D. Campbell, 17, Rochester. Campbell lost control of his vehicle causing a crash.
- 9:37 p.m. Sunday, July 12, CR 1000E and East Division Road, Akron. Driver: Brian Iddles, 59, Mentone. Hit deer.
- 4:27 p.m. Saturday, July 11, CR 200N and CR 750W, Rochester. Driver: Kenneth Mackey Jr., 42, Argos. Hit deer.