Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 7:32 a.m. Thursday, July 16, Gault Street, Atwood. Driver: Luann Wray, 63, Lutes Drive, Warsaw. Wray’s vehicle slid through a turn and struck a tree.Wray reported she had minor pain in her right hand but said she did not need EMS. Damages up to $2,500.
Officers with the Mentone Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 2:20 p.m. Tuesday, July14, CR 900W, north of SR 25, Mentone. Driver: Jason E. Bradburn, 36, Indiana Avenue, Argos. Bradburn said a vehicle came into his lane of travel. To avoid a collision, Bradburn said he went off the roadway. His vehicle struck a utility pole, a fence and a telephone junction box. Damages up to $10,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 4:58 p.m. Wednesday, July 15, Center Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Curtis B. DeTurk, 27, Old Colony Road, Warsaw; and Tamara E. Losee, 49, Pheasant Ridge Drive, Warsaw. Losee said she was sitting in her parked vehicle in Walgreens parking lot when her vehicle was struck by another vehicle that was backing up. She provided a description of that vehicle, which left the scene. The vehicle was located by police at the intersection of Sherman and Market streets. The driver, DeTurk, denied any involvement in the incident at Walgreens. He was cited for operating a vehicle while intoxicated. Damages up to $10,000.
- 4:40 p.m. Wednesday, July 15, Silveus Crossing and West CR 300N, Warsaw. Driver: Austin J. Griffith, 27, Hillside Lane, Syracuse. Griffith said he was making a left turn when he dropped his phone. As he attempted to catch the phone, he drove over a curb, off the right side of the road and his vehicle struck a light pole. Damages up to $25,000.
- 1:50 p.m. Wednesday, July 15, US 30 and Anchorage Road, Warsaw. Drivers: David R. Schuerman, 49, Taylor Street, Huntington; Kendra R. Burns, 22, High Circle Drive, Warsaw; and Achasha M. Gonzalez, 40, Kenway Drive, Warsaw. Schuerman’s vehicle rear-ended Burns’ vehicle, causing Burns’ vehicle to rear-end Gonzalez’s vehicle. Damages up to $10,000.