Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 5:09 a.m. Monday, July 13, North SR 15, east of West CR 1350N, Milford. Drivers: Jayson R. Harper, 16, East Waterford Street, Wakarusa; and Kevin M. Caudill, 46, West SR 110, Argos. Harper was traveling west on CR 1350N when he stopped and then proceeded into an intersection. Harper did not notice Caudill’s vehicle traveling north on SR 15 and entered Caudill’s lane of travel. No injuries were reported in the accident. Damages up to $50,000.
- 9:35 p.m. Saturday, July 11, North SR 15, south of CR 600N, Warsaw. Driver: Cynthia R. Parker, 42, Mandy Court, Warsaw. Parker was traveling south on SR 15 when a deer entered the roadway. No injuries were reported in the accident. Damages up to $10,000.
- 4:14 p.m. Saturday, July 11, 1916 N. CR 850E, Pierceton. Driver: Ronald Carpenter, 17, Spotted Tail Court, Dublin, Ohio. Carpenter was backing his vehicle when he struck a parked, unoccupied vehicle. Damages up to $2,500.
- 11:20 a.m. Friday, July 10, North SR 13, north of East Waco Drive, Syracuse. Drivers: Krystle A. Barton, 33, North Front Street, Syracuse; Michael L. Mabry, 61, East Bristol Street, Elkhart; and Kenneth L. Kipfer, 78, East Waco Drive, Syracuse. Barton was traveling north on North SR 13 when her vehicle crossed left of center into the path of Mabry’s commercial vehicle. After striking the trailer of Mabry’s vehicle, Barton’s vehicle struck Kipfer’s vehicle head-on. Kipper’s vehicle left the roadway and struck a utility pole. Barton was taken by Lutheran Air to Lutheran Hospital in Fort Wayne for facial injuries. Kipfer and a passenger in Kipfer’s vehicle, Judy E. Kipfer, 74, Syracuse, were taken to Kosciusko Community Hospital for minor injuries. Damages up to $100,000.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 4:57 a.m. Monday, July 13, South Huntington Street, north of East Maple Grove Street, Syracuse. Driver: Marsha K. Weaver, 59, North Syracuse Webster Road, North Webster. Weaver was traveling north on South Huntington Street when her vehicle was rear-ended. The driver who rear-ended her vehicle left the scene. Damages up to $2,500.