Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 10:04 a.m. Thursday, July 9, SR 25, south of West CR 250S, Warsaw. Driver: Douglas K. Meckley, Eagle Circle, Clever, Mo. Meckley said he had just finished a cigarette and was attempting to put his oxygen back on. His vehicle ended up going over the center line. He overcorrected, resulting in his vehicle leaving the roadway and striking several small trees. Damages up to $10,000.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 10:21 p.m. Wednesday, July 8, South Kinder Drive, south of West Valleyview Drive, Syracuse. Driver: Edward D. Saunders, 74, West Hillside Drive, Syracuse. Saunders was traveling north on South Kinder Drive when he hit a parked, unoccupied vehicle. Damages up to $5,000.
- 8:40 p.m. Wednesday, July 8, 700 S. Huntington St., Syracuse. Drivers: Jeffrey A. Hartsock, 51, North Fascination Way, Syracuse; and Merita K. Wieser, 66, East Backwater Road, North Webster. Hartsock was backing his vehicle form a parking spot when he struck Wieser’s vehicle. Damages up to $2,500.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 5:24 p.m. Thursday, July 9, North Indiana Street, north of East Main Street, Warsaw. A parked, unoccupied vehicle was struck by a moped. The driver of the moped left the scene. The owner of the parked vehicle found that the vehicle was damaged and a moped was lying on its side in front of the parked vehicle. The moped had no registration plate. Damages up to $2,500.
- 3:51 p.m. Thursday, July 9, Parker Street and East Fort Wayne Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Jason M. Laudeman, 34, SR 10 Bourbon; Aristeo Gonzalez, 33, Ranch Road, Warsaw; and Meredith Smith, 25, Blossom Lane, Warsaw. Laudeman’s vehicle rear-ended Gonzalez’s vehicle, pushing Gonzalez’s vehicle into Smith’s vehicle. Damages up to $10,000.
- 3:46 p.m. Thursday, July 9, SR 15, Warsaw. Drivers: Di-ana Sheetz, Jefferson Street, Warsaw; and Jared J. Whybrew, 19, Poplar Street, Silver Lake. Sheetz was at Monteith Tire, attempting to exit onto SR 15. Whybrew was traveling north on SR 15. When Sheetz pulled out, her vehicle was struck by Whybrew’s vehicle. Sheetz was taken to Parkiew Hospital due to pain in her wrist, neck and back. Whybrew complained of pain to his wrist but refused medical treatment at the scene. No passengers complained of pain. Damages up to $25,000.