Inside Indiana Business
INDIANAPOLIS – An event described as a “summer carnival” planned for Indianapolis will not take place. Officials have announced the Fairgrounds Fun Park, scheduled to run July 31 through September 7 at the Indiana State Fairgrounds, has been canceled due to COVID-19 concerns.
During Gov. Eric Holcomb’s weekly COVID-19 press briefing, State Health Commissioner Dr. Kris Box said the cancellation came after discussions between the state and NAME.
Officials say while the plan for the event included COVID-related precautions such as sanitation and social distancing, the decision to cancel was made out of an abundance of caution.
“While we are saddened that our event can not take place, we understand the current situation and will always put public health and safety as our number one priority,” Danny Huston, chief executive officer of North American Midway Entertainment, said in a news release.
Box says the previously-planned, modified 4-H Livestock Shows will still take place at the fairgrounds.
SOURCE: Inside Indiana Business