By Liz Shepherd
WARSAW — Two permit transfers and six renewals were approved during a Kosciusko County Alcohol and Tobacco Commission virtual meeting on Thursday, July 2.
Lisa Ulrey, owner of Board and Brush Warsaw, 210 S. Buffalo St., was present at the meeting for a permit transfer. Board and Brush offers DIY wood sign workshops with wine and wine slushies available for purchase in the studio. The permit is being transferred from Grit and Glitter LLC. The board approved the permit transfer.
Hazera Begum, owner of the Phillips 66 Convenience Store at 2518 E. Center St., Warsaw, was also present at the meeting for a permit transfer. Signage was posted at the building to inform people of the business’s intentions to transfer the permit’s ownership. The board approved the permit transfer.
Douglas Shoemaker, owner of The Frog Tavern in Syracuse, attended the meeting to address a floor plan violation. Shoemaker told the board that in July 2019, a minor used a bathroom that was near the restaurant’s bar area. Shoemaker paid a fine and said there are now stanchions established at the restaurant to help separate the bar area from family seating. The board did not object to approving the restaurant for a permit renewal.
The following permits were renewed during the meeting:
- Das Restaurant LLC, doing business as The Frog Tavern, 1116 S. Harkless Drive, Syracuse. Beer, wine and liquor – restaurant.
- Kiyomi Inc., 404 S. Huntington St., Syracuse. Beer, wine and liquor – riverfront.
- Shaffner and Shaffner Enterprises Inc., doing business as Wyndham Garden, 2519 E. Center St., Warsaw. Beer, wine and liquor – hotel.
- Tippy Dance Hall Marina LLC, doing business as Oswego Mini Mart, 2757 E. Armstrong Road, Leesburg. Beer and wine dealer – grocery store.
- V.F.W. #1126, 1350 W. Center St., Warsaw. Beer, wine and liquor – fraternal club.
- Winona Heritage Room, 901 Park Ave., Winona Lake. Beer, wine and liquor – catering hall.
The board’s next meeting is at 1 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 6, in the Kosciusko County Courthouse.