Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 5:50 a.m. Tuesday, June 30, East CR 900S, Claypool. Driver: Ashley Craft, 36, South CR 825W, Akron. Craft’s vehicle struck a deer. Damages up to $5,000.
- 5:59 p.m. Monday, June 29, North CR 1000W, Nappanee. Drivers: Kathryn L. Miller, 69, Settlers Trail, Osceola; and Bryce L. Hershberger, 26, North CR 550E, Rochester. Miller was driving north on CR 1000W and preparing to make a left turn at a driveway. Hershberger was driving south on CR 1000W. When Miller started to turn, her vehicle struck Hershberger’s motorcycle. Hershberger was thrown from the motorcycle and was pronounced dead at the scene. Damages up to $100,000.
- 2:43 p.m. Monday, June 29, West CR 1350N, south of North CR 500W, Nappanee. Drivers: Christopher M. Miller, 20, Deer Run, Warsaw; and Brian M. Pollock, 35, North CR 200W, Milford. Miller was southbound on CR 500W entering the intersection when his vehicle slid on gravel and he was unable to stop. Miller’s vehicle collided with Pollock’s vehicle. Miller was taken to the hospital for a right arm injury. He was cited for operating without ever obtaining a license. Damages up to $25,000.
- 11:55 a.m. Monday, June 29, South CR 1000W, Mentone. Driver: Miguel Aguilar, 18, North CR 175E, Warsaw. Aguilar lost control of his vehicle and went off the roadway, striking a fence. Damages up to $5,000.
- 8:51 a.m. Monday, June 29, Franklin Street, Mentone. Drivers: Brianne Bolden, 19, Blackthorne Ridge Drive, Mokena, Ill; and Deborah K. Larew, 67, Harrison Street, Mentone. Bolden ran a stop sign and her vehicle struck Larew’s vehicle. Bolden said she was not familiar with the area and was unaware of the stop sign. Larew complained of minor leg pain and said she would seek medical attention on her own after the investigation. Bolden complained of minor arm pain. Damages up to $25,000.