Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 9:57 a.m. Friday, June 26, East CR 1300N, east of North CR 250E, Syracuse. Driver: Bradley R. Nunemaker, 49, Twilight Street, Edwardsburg, Mich. A low hanging power line was caught on a trailer Nunemaker was pulling as he was driving. No damage was observed to the vehicle or the trailer. Nipsco was contacted. Damages up to $10,000.
- 4:44 p.m. Thursday, June 25, SR 25, Mentone. Drivers: Melissa A. Seitner, 47, SR 19, Akron; and Kasey C. Powers, 30, 4th Street, Rochester. Seitner’s vehicle rear-ended Powers’ vehicle. Damages up to $2,500.
- 2:01 p.m. Thursday, June 25, Old SR 15 and West CR 500N, Leesburg. Drivers: Maxwell P. Pasko, 18, Cherry Street, Huntington; and Juan M. Ceballos, 69, East CR 500N, Leesburg. Pasko’s vehicle rear-ended Ceballos’ vehicle. Pasko complained of minor pain in his arms but refused EMS services. Damages up to $25,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 5:39 a.m. Monday, June 29, Deelyn Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: Elenita A. Rayl, 67, Sharon Street, Warsaw; and Joseph L. Stewart. 40, Park Avenue, Warsaw. Rayl was driving in the Danco Anodizing parking lot when she made a left turn around the east side of the building and her vehicle struck Stewart’s vehicle. Stewart said his vehicle was in a parking space and he was pulling forward in an attempt to straighten his vehicle out when his vehicle was struck by Rayl’s vehicle. Stewart and a passenger in his vehicle, Heather Rhymer, 33, Park Avenue, Warsaw, both complained of back pain and Stewart complained of neck pain but both refused transport to a local hospital. Damages up to $10,000.
- 10:21 a.m. Sunday, June 28, Husky Trail, Warsaw. Drivers: Maynor A. Lopez, 51, Westerner Winds Drive, Warsaw; and Michaela N. Stump, 25, Lakeview Trail, Leesburg. Lopez’s vehicle sideswiped Stump’s vehicle. Damages up to $5,000.
- 8:41 p.m. Saturday, June 27, US 30, east of North CR 450E, Warsaw. Drivers: Saquel D. Fitchjerl Seuell, 22, Union Avenue, Benton Harbor, Mich; and Angela L. Adams, 33, 111th Avenue, Winfield. Fitchjerl Seuell said he was driving west on US 30 and was flat-towing a trailer. He said one of the T-tops from the trailer flew off into the roadway and was struck by Adams’ vehicle. Adams said the T-top struck the passenger side rear wheel of her vehicle, causing damage to the wheel and puncturing her tire. Fichjerl Seuell admitted that the vehicle he was driving did not have insurance, and he was issued a citation. Damages up to $2,500.
- 6:30 p.m. Saturday, June 27, US 30 and North CR 150W, Warsaw. Drivers: Oliver L. Joy, 89, Bridgefield Drive, Indianapolis; and Paul T. Xanders, 53, Bowser Road, Syracuse. The vehicles collided at the intersection. Joy was taken to the hospital by ambulance. Damages up to $10,000.
- 2:10 p.m. Saturday, June 27, Center Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Tari L. Rusinack, 55, Packerton Road, Warsaw; and Patricia A. McGlone, 81, Aqueduct Lane, Warsaw. Rusinack was backing out of a parking space at Walgreens when her vehicle struck McGlone’s vehicle. Damages up to $10,000.
- 1:19 p.m. Saturday, June 27, Eastlake Drive, south of Frontage Road, Warsaw. Drivers: Julie A. Sheets, 51, Volinia Drive, Osceola; and Alea M. Samuelson, 25, 7th Road, Plymouth. Sheets’ vehicle rear-ended Samuelson’s vehicle. Damages up to $2,500.
- 11:48 a.m. Friday, June 26, Market Street, north of Detroit Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Maria G. Rico, 46, North CR 200W, Warsaw; and RJ Plummer, 30, Hill Lake Road, Claypool. The vehicles collided at the intersection. Damages up to $10,000.