Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 5:38 p.m. Sunday, June 21, SR 13, south of Waco Drive, Syracuse. Drivers: Sharon E. Siegel, 64, Northshore Drive, Syracuse; and James W. Adams, 52, Carroll Road, Indianapolis. Siegel was backing out of a parking space when her vehicle struck Adams’ vehicle. Damages up to $2,500.
- 10:53 p.m. Saturday, June 20, SR 19, Nappanee. Driver: Jesus Cabrera Correa, 59, ST 14, Akron. Cabrera Correa’s vehicle struck a deer. Damages up to $5,000.
- 5:32 p.m. Saturday, June 20, SR 19, north of US 30, Etna Green. Driver: David L. Banning, 64, Vanessa Avenue, Portage. Banning’s vehicle struck a parked vehicle at a gas station. Damages up to $5,000.
- 9:09 p.m. Friday, June 19, East CR 1200S, Warsaw. Driver: Megan R. Rish, 23, North CR 700W, Warsaw. Rish’s vehicle struck a deer. Damages up to $5,000.
- 6:43 a.m. Friday, June 19, SR 15, south of West CR 400N, Warsaw. Driver: Ezekiel D. Fitzpatrick, 25, Lake Street, Warsaw. Fitzpatrick was northbound on SR 15 and was fleeing from police. His vehicle went into a drainage ditch on the east side of the road. The vehicle rolled and came to rest on its top. Fitzpatrick was taken to Lutheran Hospital in Fort Wayne. Damages up to $10,000.
- 4:48 p.m. Thursday, June 18, SR 15 and Van Buren Street, Leesburg. Drivers: David E. Watts, 49, Van Buren Street, Leesburg; and Joshua D. Parker, 32, Harkless Drive, Syracuse. Watts slowed to turn left onto Van Buren Street and did not see Parker’s vehicle approaching. The vehicles collided. Parker was thrown from the motorcycle he was on. Watts was arrested for OWI Causing Serious Bodily Injury. Damages up to $100,000.
- 8:14 a.m. Monday, June 15, SR 15, north of West CR 400N, Warsaw. Driver: Adam L. Bettcher, 34, Anchorage Road, Warsaw. Bettcher was on a moped going south on SR 15. He lost control of the vehicle and laid the moped down. Bettcher was taken to Kosciusko Community Hospital for minor bleeding to the head. Damages up to $1,000.
Officers with the Silver Lake Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 2:36 pm. Thursday, June 18, Jefferson Street, Silver Lake. Drivers: Travis L. Fullington, 32, Perch Drive, Bristol; and Corey H. Ritchie, 31, 1st Street, North Manchester. Ritchie said he was in the Pizza King parking lot, getting ready to pull onto Jefferson Street and head south when he saw Fullington’s vehicle cross the center line and leave the roadway, coming straight at him. Ritchie said he attempted to put his vehicle in reverse to get out of the path of Fullington’s vehicle, but it was too late. Fullington’s vehicle struck Ritchie’s vehicle. Fullington exited the vehicle and left the scene on foot but was later apprehended by police. Fullington complained of knee pain. Ritchie went to Parkview Hospital for injuries as a result of the accident, including neck pain and rib pain. Damages up to $25,000.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 6:41 p.m. Friday, June 19, County Line Road, Syracuse. A hit and run accident occurred, with a parked vehicle being struck. Damages up to $2,500.