Officers with the Claypool Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 4:23 p.m. Friday, June 12, East SR 14, east of South CR 450E, Claypool. Driver: Marie C. Carlile, 77, Westwood Lane 304, Rochester. Carlile was traveling east on SR 14 when a deer entered the roadway. Damages up to $5,000.
Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 3:45 a.m. Monday, June 15, US 30, east of East Van Ness Road, Pierceton. Driver: Nathan J. Prieshoff, 36, East Lapoint Drive, Milford. Prieshoff was traveling east on US 30 when a deer entered the roadway. Damages up to $5,000.
- 11:50 p.m. Sunday, June 14, West CR 600N, west of North CR 625W, Atwood. Driver: Natasha A. Brunner, 30, East CR 1120N, Syracuse. Brunner was traveling west on CR 600N when her vehicle left the roadway, striking a ditch. After striking the ditch, Brunner’s vehicle overturned before coming to a rest. Brunner complained of lower leg pain and was flown by Lutheran Air to the hospital. Two passengers in Brunner’s vehicle were also taken to area hospitals. Codi A. Stout, 31, Mentone, complained of shoulder pain and was also flown by Lutheran Air from the scene. Brayden A. Brunner, 9, Mentone, complained of neck pain and was taken from the scene by ambulance. Damages up to $50,000.
- 3:19 p.m. Sunday, June 14, 9189 N. CR 100E, Milford. Driver: Anthony D. Norment, 19, Western Street 28, Garrison, N.D. Norment was traveling south on CR 100E when his vehicle left the roadway, hitting several landscape ornaments and large rocks. Damages up to $5,000.
- 6:10 p.m. Saturday, June 13, north of Crystal Flash Road, North Webster. Drivers: Linda K. Minnick, 59, North CR 850E, Syracuse; and William E. Barnum, 72, Cremer Avenue, Fort Wayne. Barnum was traveling south on Main Street and started to turn when he was struck by Minnick’s vehicle. Damages up to $2,500.
- 5:21 p.m. Saturday, June 13, North SR 15, east of West CR 600N, Leesburg. Drivers: Troy L. Johnson, 50, South Mary Lafern Street, North Webster; Daniele R. Dunithan, 39, East McKeever Street, Andrews; and Kathleen M. Goodyear, 67, North SR 5, Cromwell. Johnson was traveling east on CR 600N when he proceeded through an intersection in front of Dunithan’s vehicle. Dunithan was traveling north on SR 15. Johnson’s vehicle then spun and struck Goodyear’s vehicle. Johnson sustained a head abrasion and Dunithan sustained a hip and upper leg injury, which led to both of them being taken to the hospital. Three passengers in Dunithan’s vehicle were also taken to the hospital, each complaining of abdominal and pelvic pain. Serenity Miller, 17, Warsaw; Jacob S. Wheeler, 12, Andrews; and Shai M. Wheeler, 11, Andrews, were taken to the hospital. Damages up to $25,000.
- 3:58 p.m. Saturday, June 13, Sharon Street, north of Tippecanoe Drive, Warsaw. Drivers: Arsenio C. Soriano, 77, West North Street, Bourbon; and Meliton Juarez, 61, Sharon Street, Warsaw. Soriano was turning left when he entered Juarez’s lane of travel. Juarez was traveling west on Tippecanoe Drive. Damages up to $5,000.
- 5:17 a.m. Saturday, June 13, North SR 13, north of East CR 300N, Pierceton. Driver: Nicholas B. Richcreek, 34, EMS B20D Lane, Pierceton. Richcreek was traveling north on SR 13 when he rear-ended a parked vehicle registered to Michael D. Tellas, Huntertown. The vehicle was on the side of the road due to mechanical problems. This caused Tellas’ vehicle to rear-end a vehicle registered to Michael E. Garretson, Fort Wayne; Garretson’s vehicle was also parked on the side of the road. Richcreek sustained minor head injuries but refused treatment at the scene. Damages up to $10,000.
- 5 p.m. Friday, June 12, SR 19, north of Hepton Road, Nappanee. Drivers: Aaron R. Kuhns, 17, North CR 200W, Milford; and Dorothy E. Apeland, 58, North CR 400E, Warsaw. Kuhns was traveling south on SR 19 when he rear-ended Apeland’s vehicle. Apeland complained of neck pain due to the accident. Damages up to $10,000.
- 3:37 p.m. Tuesday, June 9, West CR 1350N, east of North CR 700W, Nappanee. Drivers: Cole N. Graves, 28, EMS D21D1 Lane, Syracuse; and Kim S. Finkenbiner, 65, EMS W30 Lane, North Webster. Graves was traveling east on CR 1350N when his vehicle rear-ended a trailer being pulled by Finkenbiner’s vehicle. Damages up to $5,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 8:17 p.m. Sunday, June 14, East US 30, east of Anchorage Road, Warsaw. Drivers: Mark A. Allen, 52, North CR 175E, Warsaw; and Jonathon R. Bradley, 50, Beacon Street 502, Fort Wayne. Allen was stopped for a traffic light at the intersection of Anchorage Road and US 30 when a southeast bound vehicle drove through the intersection that he almost struck. Allen’s vehicle then struck Bradley’s. Damages up to $5,000.