Officers with the Claypool Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 3:55 p.m. Monday, June 8, South Packerton Road, west of East Pierceton Road, Winona Lake. Drivers: Paulette G. Sauders, 77, South Packerton Road, Warsaw; and Samuel J. Smith, 17, West CR 400N, Warsaw. Sauders was traveling west on Pierceton Road and attempted to make a left hand turn to travel south on Packerton Road when she struck Smith’s vehicle head-on. No injuries were reported in the accident. Damage up to $10,000.
Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 7:19 a.m. Monday, June 8, South CR 350E, near East Wilcox Road, Warsaw. Driver: Seth J. Howard, 30, North Parks Schram Road, Warsaw. Howard was traveling south on CR 350E when a deer entered the roadway. Damage up to $2,500.
- 4:41 a.m. Monday, June 8, West Old Road 30, west of West CR 100N, Warsaw. Driver: Emily R. Thompson, 19, 10B Road, Plymouth. Thompson was traveling east on West Old Road 30 when she fell asleep, causing her vehicle to off the roadway. Her vehicle then hit a guardrail on the south side of the road and overcorrected, colliding with the guardrail on the north side of the road. No injuries were reported in the accident. Damage up to $50,000.
- 3:12 p.m. Sunday, June 7, South SR 15, near West CR 350S, Warsaw. Driver: Michael P. Bell, 16, Trillium Lane, Valparaiso. Bell was traveling south on SR 15 when his vehicle left the roadway, striking a stop sign and county road sign. Damage up to $5,000.
- 12:27 p.m. Sunday, June 7, East CR 600S, near South CR 400E, Warsaw. Drivers: Delaney L. Riester, 21, Westfield Road, Noblesville; and Tiffany A. Reimer, 33, North Wayne Street, North Manchester. Riester was stopped at a stop sign when she entered Reimer’s path of travel. Reimer was traveling north on CR 400E. As a result of the accident, Riester’s vehicle came to a rest on its passenger side in a field. Riester was taken to Kosciusko Community Hospital for neck and other body pain due to the accident. Reimer complained of neck and shoulder pain but said she would go to the hospital on her own. Damage up to $25,000.
- 7:21 a.m. Sunday, June 7, North CR 800W, north of West CR 400N, Atwood. Driver: Anthony M. Kauffman, 24, CR 7, Elkhart. Kauffman was traveling south on CR 800W when his vehicle left the roadway, rolling at least one time. No injuries were reported in the accident. Damage up to $25,000.
- 6:05 a.m. Sunday, June 7, East Backwater Road, east of EMS W18 Lane, North Webster. Driver: Mark J. Hamman, 44, South Waxwing Lane, Warsaw. Witnesses said Hamman was operating a motorcycle when he struck a deer and was ejected from his vehicle. He sustained internal head injuries and was taken to Lutheran Hospital via Lutheran medical helicopter. The Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office F.A.C.T. team was called to the scene for further investigation. Damage up to $100,000.
- 12:45 p.m. Saturday, June 6, East CR 1200N, near North CR 450E, Syracuse. Drivers: Courtney P. Mitchell, 23, North CR 625W, Milford; and Mark A. Psimos, 65, Cumberland Drive 2A, Valparaiso. Mitchell was traveling west on CR 1200N when she rear-ended Psimos’ off-road vehicle. Mitchell’s vehicle then hit a phone box and damaged a yard. A passenger on Psimos’ vehicle, Jacob Psimos, 26, Fort Wayne, complained of neck pain, but was not taken to a hospital. Damage up to $50,000.
- 11:28 a.m. Saturday, June 6, North CR 200E, near East CR 550N, Warsaw. Drivers: Amado C. Rodriguez, 52, East Levi Lee Road, Warsaw; and Heather J. Tuttle, 29, East CR 900N, Wawaka. Rodriguez was traveling east on CR 550N when his vehicle traveled left of center, striking Tuttle’s vehicle. No injuries were reported in the accident. Damage up to $25,000.
- 5:56 a.m. Saturday, June 6, West US 30, west of North CR 350W, Warsaw. Driver: Marino B. Dagoberto, 27, Claude Lane, Sarasota, Fla. Dagoberto was traveling west on US 30 when a deer entered the roadway. Damage up to $2,500.
- 4:10 p.m. Friday, June 5, North SR 15, north of West CR 350N, Warsaw. Drivers: Dale E. Shepherd, 36, Dewey Avenue, Goshen; and David Collins, 67, Pine Acres Drive, Kalamazoo, Mich. Shepherd was traveling south on SR 15 when he rear-ended Collins’ vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.
- 2:33 p.m. Friday, June 5, South SR 25, west of South CR 550W, Warsaw. Drivers: Hanna J. Thompson, 21, West CR 400N, Warsaw; and Alexis R. Heeter, 22, CR FF, Akron, Colo. Thompson’s vehicle was stopped, waiting to turn left into a driveway when her vehicle was rear-ended by Heeter’s. Thompson complained of knee pain but did not request medical assistance at the scene. Damage up to $10,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 6:11 p.m. Monday, June 8, North Harrison Street, east of East Center Street, Warsaw. Drivers: unknown; Ian J. Patterson, 28, East Lakewood Avenue, Warsaw; and Daniel A. Walters, 36, East Fort Wayne Street, Warsaw. Patterson was traveling east on East Center Street when his vehicle was rear-ended. This caused Patterson’s vehicle to rear-end Walters’ vehicle. The vehicle who rear-ended Patterson’s vehicle left the scene. Two passengers in Walters’ vehicle, Elliane Dewale, 10, Warsaw; and Makayla Dewale, 8, Warsaw, complained of neck pain and were checked by medics at the scene. Damage up to $25,000.
- 4:39 p.m. Monday, June 8, 1215 N. Detroit St., Warsaw. Drivers: Darin A. Miller, 35, West CR 225N, Etna Green; and Walter R. Tucker, 77, South SR 15, Warsaw. Miller was backing his vehicle from a parking space when he struck Tucker’s vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.
- 1:43 p.m. Monday, June 8, SR 15, north of US 30, Warsaw. Driver: Allen R. Gerber, 84, East CR 875N, Syracuse. Gerber was traveling south on North Detroit Street when his vehicle drifted and hit a west guardrail head on. Gerber was taken to the Kosciusko Community Hospital due to a medical condition. Damage up to $25,000.