Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 2:27 p.m. Tuesday, June 2, East US 30, east of South CR 250E, Warsaw. Drivers: Vlad M. Ardelean, 34, Oakland Street, Watertown, Mass.; Lucjan J. Kuzinski, 40, Cronin Avenue, Justice, Ill.; and Raymond J. Curtiss, 27, Elder Road 215, Homewood, Ill. Curtiss was traveling on US 30 at very low speed due to a traffic back-up when he was rear-ended by Kuzinski’s vehicle. Kuzinski was also traveling at a low speed due to traffic back-up when he was rear-ended by Ardelean’s vehicle. The load on Ardelean’s vehicle shifted, causing more damage to the vehicle and trapping Ardelean. Ardelean was extricated and flown for medical treatment by Lutheran Air Ambulance for treatment of serious injuries, which included severe burns to his knee, lower leg and foot area. Kuzinski and Curtiss were not injured in the accident. Damage over $100,000.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 10:33 a.m. Saturday, June 6, East Eli Lilly Road, west of 7298 E. Eli Lilly Road, Syracuse. Drivers: Krista C. Parker, 31, South Main Street, Ligonier; and David R. Lovejoy, 61, East Sunrise Drive, Syracuse. Parker was traveling west on East Eli Lilly Road when her vehicle went across the center line, striking Lovejoy’s vehicle head-on. Parker sustained minor injuries to her knee, lower leg and foot area. Lovejoy sustained an elbow and lower arm injury. Damage up to $10,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 5:35 a.m. Monday, June 8, US 30, west of Springhill Road, Warsaw. Driver: Ryan S. Montague, 32, East CR 225S, Knox. Montague was traveling east on US 30 when a deer entered the roadway. No injuries were reported. Damage up to $10,000.
- 10:45 a.m. Sunday, June 7, 812 N. Detroit St., Warsaw. Driver: Dennis W. Boggs, 51, South Country Club Road, Warsaw. Boggs was backing his vehicle from a parking space when he struck a parked vehicle registered to Joshua Stevens, North Manchester. Damage up to $2,500.
- 5 p.m. Saturday, June 6, 514 N. Ellsworth St., Warsaw. Driver: Gloria I. Saldivar, 40, North Ellsworth Street, Warsaw. Saldivar was turning right onto an east/west alley when she clipped the guide wire on a utility pole. Damage up to $5,000.
- 1:35 p.m. Saturday, June 6, US 30, west of East Center Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Monte L. McCollough, 59, Linden Road, Argos; and Victor M. Murillo Guzman, 58, West Miller Street, Ligonier. McCollough was driving a work utility vehicle west on US 30 when he rear-ended Guzman’s vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.
- 3 a.m. Saturday, June 6, 290 Ramar Drive, Warsaw. Driver: Maricela Gallegos, 29, West CR 250S, 35, Warsaw. Gallegos was backing her vehicle when she struck a Century Link utility pole. Damage up to $5,000.
- 11:22 p.m. Friday, June 5, 3000 Airport Road, Warsaw. Driver: Fernando J. Ramirez, 37, Anchorage Road 111, Warsaw. Ramirez was traveling west on West CR 300N when his vehicle went through an intersection and crashed through a gate, entering the Warsaw Municipal Airport. Ramirez’s vehicle then hit two nearly empty fuel barrels and continued onto the railroad tracks, where it became stuck. Damage up to $25,000.
- 12:59 p.m. Friday, June 5, SR 15, south of Shelden Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Thomas J. Burnworth, 73, West Division Road, Huntington; and Rachel M. Shinkle, 27, Gage Avenue, Elkhart. Burnworth was traveling south on North Detroit Street when he rear-ended Shinkle’s vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.