Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 3:01 p.m. Monday, June 1, on North CR 200E, near East CR 700N, Warsaw. Drivers: Renee L. Sonnenberg, 38, Carmen Street, Portage; and Sarah A. Silva, 25, Lake John Circle, Winona Lake. Sonnenberg was at a stop sign and did not realize it was not a four-way stop. She then drove into the path of Silva’s vehicle. Silva’s vehicle came to rest in the field. She had minor injuries and was not transported. Damage up to $25,000.
- 5:12 a.m. Monday, June 1, on East US30, east of South CR 900E, Pierceton. Drivers: Steven R. Dandurand, 57, Angela Drive, Fostoria, Ohio; and Lindsey K. Hardesty, 27, EMS B33A Lane, Warsaw. Dandurand attempted to make a lane change to the left lane on US 30; he then collided with the side of Hardesty’s vehicle. Damage up to $1,000.
- 3:56 a.m. Sunday, May 31, on South CR 1000W, north of West CR 600S, Mentone. Driver: Juan D. Castillo, 21, West CR 200S, Warsaw. Castillo was driving north and lost control of his vehicle. The vehicle struck a guard rail, rolled two times, hit a pole, and came to rest of the road. Damage up to $25,000.
- 10:16 a.m. Friday, May 29, on South SR 13, south of East Old Road 30. Drivers: Herman D. Smith, 55, EMS R4 Lane, Pierceton; and Kent D. Harvey, 71, East CR 200S, Marion. Smith was pulling out of a gas station onto SR 13 and got hit by an oncoming car. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 2:36 p.m. Thursday, May 28, 311 S. Huntington St., Syracuse. Drivers: Matthew D. Brace, 28, East Cherokee Road, Syracuse; and Cassondra K. Hilty, 30, East Cherokee Road, Syracuse. Brace pulled into the McLures gas station and ran into the rear end of Hilty’s vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.