Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents;
- 6:16 a.m. Monday, June 1. East of North SR15, on West CR900 N, Warsaw. Drivers: John P. Searfoss, 82, North CR800 E, Syracuse; and Deborah K. Webb, 60, North Venetian Drive, Syracuse. Searfoss was at a stop sign and needed to back up due to a turning semi. He then ran into the front of Webb’s vehicle. Damage up to: $2,500.
- 11:00 p.m. Sunday, May 31. South of East CR200 N, on North SR13, Warsaw. Driver: Andrea M. Harris, 36, North Southshore Drive, Syracuse. Harris was traveling south when she struck a deer. Damage up to $5,000
- 7:33 p.m. Sunday, May 31. East of South SR13, on East CR850 S, Pierceton. Driver: Matthew P. Jagger, 24, Robson Road, Winona Lake. Jagger was traveling east when he struck a deer. The vehicle suffered front end damage. Damage up to: $5,000
- 11:13 p.m. Saturday, May 30. North of East CR1200 S, on South Packerton Road, Claypool. Driver: Mason R. Veach, 24, Clear Creek Trail, North Manchester. Veach was driving north when he removed his seatbelt. A deer then entered the roadway and Veach swerved to miss and lost control. He ran off the roadway and hit multiple small trees and a large tree. He was transported to Fort Wayne Lutheran Hospital for treatment. Damage up to: $25,000.
- 3:46 a.m. Saturday, May 30. West of Winona Ave, on West Crystal Lake Road, Warsaw. Driver: Steven M. Hodges, 28, Fairlane Drive, Warsaw. Hodges was traveling east when a raccoon entered the roadway. He was unable to avoid the collision. Damage up to: $1,000.
- 1:50 p.m. Friday, May 29. North of East CR200 N, On North CR400 E., Leesburg. Driver: Kerry L. Cooper, 76, North Sawgrass Lane, Leesburg. Cooper was traveling north when he approached an intersection where he did not have to stop. Another vehicle entered the intersection and Cooper had to swerve and ultimately ran off the road. Damage up to: $2,500.