Officers with the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accident:
- 2:55 a.m. Wednesday, May 27, US 20 east of CR 21, near Elkhart. Driver: Lavern Graber, 18, Nappanee. Graber was traveling too fast on the wet asphalt causing him to lose control of his vehicle. His vehicle hit a guardrail and fence before overturning and coming to a rest at the bottom of an embankment. Graber suffered a laceration to the forearm but refused transportation to a hospital. He was cited for driving too fast for conditions.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 11:11 p.m. Monday, May 25, West Olson Road and Buskirk Drive East, Rochester: Driver: Nicho P. Pena, 18, Rochester. Hit deer.
- 4:29 p.m. Monday, May 25, US 31 and west Third Street, Rochester. Drivers: Shaila E. Mallak, 26, Elkhart; and Louis R. Zarate Garcia, Logansport. Mallak’s and Garcia’s vehicles collided. No injuries.
- 10:20 p.m. Sunday, May 24, US 31 south of Southway 31. Driver: Shari A. Schwenk, 44, Allendale. Hit deer.
- 10:56 a.m. Sunday, May 24, CR 700N area of CR 400W. Driver: Larry L. Johnson, 62, Culver. Hit REMC pole.
- 12:34 a.m. Sunday, May 24, Old US 31 and CR 650S, Macy. Driver: Christopher A. Crawford, 41, Logansport. Crawford’s vehicle went off the roadway.
- 12:04 p.m. Saturday, May 23, US 31 and Sweetgum Road. Drivers: Marlin J. Heatwole, 40, Lakeville; and Martin L. Simmons, 68, Lake Charles, La. The two vehicles collided. No injuries.
- 11:51 a.m. Saturday, May 23, SR 17, Bruce Lake Station. Driver: Thelma A. Fox, 59, Winamac. Hit deer.
- 9:33 a.m. Friday, May 22, SR 25, Rochester. Drivers: Erin N. Evers, 35, Fulton; and Pamela J. Judy, 48, Rochester. One person was transported to South Bend Memorial hospital. No further information was available.
- 9:58 p.m. Friday, May 22, US 31 and East Olson Road, Rochester. Driver: William I. Wright, 25, Louisville, Ky. Hit deer.
- 6:26 a.m. Friday, May 22, SR 14, Akron. Driver: Brittanie N. Thomas, 33, Roann. Hit deer.
- 2:13 a.m. Friday, May 22, Wabash Avenue and Hickory Lane, Rochester. Driver: Thomas A. Lynn, 59, Goshen. Hit deer.
- 9:39 p.m. Wednesday, May 20, SR 110 and CR 475E, Rochester. Driver: Cheyenne L. Jackson, 29, Rochester. Hit deer.
Officers with the Marshall County Sheriff’s Department investigated the following accident:
- 7:27 p.m. Monday, May 25, US 30 and Queen Road. Drivers: Trinh Shirley, Wilmette, Ill.; and Diane Eskridge, Plymouth. Shirley was taken to St. Joseph Regional Medical Center, Plymouth for unknown injuries. Eskridge was airlifted to Memorial Hospital of South Bend for a possible neck injury and other unknown injuries. Due to the sun in her eyes, Shirley failed to see the traffic light had changed to red and entered into the intersection, hitting the Eskridge vehicle.