Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 12:09 a.m. Tuesday, May 26, South SR 15, north of West CR 350S, Warsaw. Driver: Jason W. Stromatt, 45, West CR 250S, Warsaw. Stromatt was traveling north on South SR 15 on a motorcycle when a deer entered the roadway. Stromatt sustained injuries to his head, arms and legs. Damage up to $5,000.
- 2:51 p.m. Monday, May 25, 3687 N. Barbee Road, Warsaw. Driver: Bambi D. Baier, 58, EMS B37 Lane 88, Warsaw. Baier was backing her vehicle when she struck a parked, unoccupied vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.
- 12:30 p.m. Monday, May 25, 175 EMS C23 Lane, Warsaw. Driver: unknown. A vehicle was parked and unoccupied when it was struck by an unknown vehicle overnight. Damage up to $2,500.
- 10:09 a.m. Monday, May 25, East CR 700N, east of North CR 200E, Leesburg. Driver: Jacob R. Terhaar, 29, Scenic View Drive 210, Fishers. Terhaar was traveling east on CR 700N on a motorcycle when a dog entered the roadway. Terhaar swerved his motorcycle to avoid a collision, causing his motorcycle to tip over and slide on the roadway. Terhaar was taken to Fort Wayne Lutheran Hospital for a shoulder/upper arm injury. Damage up to $2,500.
- 12:45 a.m. Monday, May 25, South Harkless Drive, near South Kitson Drive, Syracuse. Driver: Jason C. Longmire, 43, East Shady Lane, Syracuse. Longmire was in the area of South Harkless Drive when his vehicle struck a roadway sign. Damage up to $5,000.
- 9:39 p.m. Sunday, May 24, North CR 800W, south of West CR 640N, Atwood. Driver: David A. Blood, 55, Belmont Drive, Bristol, Tenn. Blood was traveling south on CR 800W when a deer entered the roadway. Damage up to $2,500.
- 11:34 p.m. Saturday, May 23, North Kalorama Road, east of EMS T40 Lane, North Webster. Driver: Tatum N. Thompson, 20, North Thompson Street, Bourbon. Thompson was traveling east on Kalorama Road when a raccoon entered the roadway. Damage up to $1,000.
- 9:43 a.m. Friday, May 22, East CR 225S, east of South Country Club Road, Warsaw. Driver: Brian M. Pohl, 40, Hoosier Lane, Culver. Pohl was traveling east on East CR 225S when another vehicle began to enter the intersection. To avoid a collision, Pohl’s vehicle left the roadway and struck a utility pole. Pohl complained of right foot pain and a minor hand injury. He was taken to Kosciusko Community Hospital. Damage up to $10,000.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 3:40 p.m. Thursday, May 21, North Huntington Street, south of West Main Street, Syracuse. Drivers: Jerald G. Diamond, 45, Prairie Drive, Syracuse; and Kyle R. Stamm, 30, EMS T6A Lane, Leesburg. Diamond’s vehicle rear-ended Stamm’s vehicle. Damage up to $1,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 10:10 p.m. Monday, May 25, North Detroit Street, south of Jalynn Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Jacob A. Linky, 19, North Old Orchard Drive, Warsaw; and Ivan T. Tepo Velasquez, 22, East CR 200N, Warsaw. Linky was making a U-turn to head north on North Detroit Street when he struck Tepo Velasquez’s vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.