INDIANAPOLIS — Stage 3 of Governor Eric Holcomb’s “Back on Track Indiana” plan started today, May 22. With the exception of three counties, all of Indiana is entering this stage.
Social gatherings of up to 100 people are permitted following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s social distancing guidelines.
The following businesses and sites are now allowed to open and/or allowed to operate at a specific capacity:
- May open at 75% capacity. Shopping malls can open at 75% capacity with indoor common areas restricted to 50% capacity.
Gyms, Fitness Centers, Yoga Studios, Martial Arts Studios, etc.
- May open with restrictions. Class sizes should be limited. Equipment must be spaced to accommodate social distancing and cleaned after each use. No contact activities are permitted.
Community Pools, Tennis/Basketball Courts, Soccer/Baseball Fields, etc.
- Community pools may open according to CDC guidance. Community tennis and basketball courts, soccer and baseball fields, YMCA programs, and similar facilities may open with social gathering and social distancing guidelines in place.
Community Recreational Youth, Adult Sports Leagues
- May resume practices and conditioning while adhering to social gathering and social distancing guidelines. Contact sports, such as lacrosse and football, are prohibited, but conditioning and non-contact drills may take place.
Youth Summer Day Camps
- May open on June 1.
- May open with restrictions and no spectators.
Campgrounds, State Park Inns
- Campgrounds may open with restrictions, including social distancing and sanitation precautions. State park inns will reopen.
Restaurants, Bars, Personal Services
- Restaurants and bars with restaurant services may continue to operate at 50% capacity, but bar seating must remain closed. Personal services such as hair salons, barber shops, nail salons, spas and tattoo parlors may continue to be open by appointment only and must follow social distancing guidelines.
- Are encouraged to open.
The following businesses and sites will remain closed at this time:
Movie Theaters, Playgrounds
- Will remain closed. Movie theaters are now projected to open along with other entertainment facilities and venues during stage 4. Playgrounds are to be determined.
Overnight Youth Camps
Amusement Parks, Water Parks, Tourism Sites
Festivals, Fairs, Parades
- Closed for school-sponsored education, sports, and other activities through June 30.
If health indicators remain positive, the state will move to stage 4 on June 14.