Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 7:10 a.m. Thursday, May 21, East CR 1400N, west of North Warner Road, Syracuse. Driver: Darin R. Bemiller, 55, Seth Ward Road, Syracuse. Bemiller swerved to avoid striking deer and his vehicle went off the roadway and down an embankment. Damage up to $2,500.
- 5:37 p.m. Wednesday, May20, West CR 1350, east of North CR 1050W, Nappanee. Driver: Ronald D. Anglin, 65, West CR 1050N, Nappanee. Anglin was traveling east on CR 1350N, east of CR 1050W, behind a tractor pulling an implement. Anglin attempted to pass the tractor and implement. While doing so, the implement struck the passenger side of Anglin’s vehicle, and Anglin’s vehicle became stuck in between the tractor and the implement. Damage up to $5,000
- 12:35 p.m. Wednesday, May 20, SR 15, south of CR 900N, Leesburg. Driver: Christian A. Jacobs, 25, EMS D17 Lane, Syracuse. Jacobs was driving south on SR 15 and did not see a flagger directing traffic. Jacobs said he attempted to brake at the last second. His vehicle struck another vehicle that was parked off the roadway in a construction zone with emergency lights activated. Damage up to $2,500.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 4:57 p.m. Sunday, May 17, Harkless Drive, Syracuse. Driver: Joshua D. Webber, 21, Railside Drive, Syracuse. Webber said he was backing out of the garage and did not see the vehicle parked behind him. Webber’s vehicle struck the parked vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 6:10 p.m. Wednesday, May 20, Center Street, west of Lindberg Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Timothy J. Blackburn, 29, Columbia Street, Warsaw; Estefani R. Ramirez, 21, East CR 200N, Warsaw; Breanna L. Kruger, 21, Rochester Street, Akron; and Jennifer G. Logan, 31, Hepler Drive, Warsaw. Blackburn said his brakes failed to engage when he attempted to stop. His vehicle rear-ended Ramirez’s vehicle. Ramirez said she steered her vehicle into the center lane to avoid a collision with Kruger’s vehicle. Kruger said she heard a collision behind her and then her vehicle was rear-ended by Blackburn’s vehicle. The collision launched Kruger’s vehicle forward and caused Kruger’s vehicle to rear-end Logan’s vehicle. Blackburn was issued a citation on scene for operating a motor vehicle without financial responsibility. Damage up to $50,000.