Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 3:56 a.m. Tuesday, May 19, east of North CR 500W, on West US 30. Driver: Manuel Moreno, 19, West 49th Place, Chicago, Ill. Moreno was driving west when he swerved to avoid a deer, causing him to leave the roadway and roll. The vehicle came to rest on the driver’s side. Damage up to $5,000.
- 2:29 p.m. Monday, May 18, west of North CR 900E, on East Adams Road, Pierceton. Driver: William H. Watson, 42, EMS R3E Lane, Pierceton. Watson was driving east when he ran over a puddle and hydroplaned off the roadway. He collided with a tree, causing damage to the truck and trailer. Damage up to $25,000.
- 1:27 p.m. Monday, May 18, south of West Winona Avenue, on South Buffalo Street. Drivers: April E. Slone, 19, South CR 700W, Burket; and Rebekah L. Kindle, 36, South Packerton Road, Warsaw. Slone was traveling west out of an alleyway. When she continued and passed a large box van, Kindle’s vehicle collided with Slone’s. Slone hit the gas causing the vehicle to drive off the roadway into the Marathon gas station parking lot. Damage up to $25,000.
- 4:52 a.m. Friday, May 15, north of West CR 250N, on North SR 19, Etna Green. Vehicle registered to: Eric W. Frazier, South Mallard Road, Mentone. Police were dispatched to the accident to find a vehicle had flipped over off the east side of the roadway. The vehicle landed on its wheels. The unknown driver of the vehicle had left the scene before police arrived.
- 1:13 a.m. Friday, May 15, south of East CR 600S, on South Packerton Road, Claypool. Driver: Tyler J. Singleton, 25, East CR 1300N, Syracuse. Singleton was driving south on Packerton Road when he attempted to avoid a deer and struck a pole. Damage up to $10,000.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 6:15 a.m. Monday, May 18, 2211 E. Center St., Warsaw. Driver: John M. Gabbard, 35, Ranch Road, Warsaw. Gabbard was pulling into a parking space when he struck a parked vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.
- 7:08 a.m. Monday, May 18, on 777 N. Parker St., Warsaw. Drivers: Corbin M. Yoh, 22, Tanglewood Drive, New Haven; and Brian D. Hale, 49, Raccoon Trail, Fort Wayne. Yoh was driving a semi hauling a flatbed west on Parker, and wanted to turn in to the parking lot of Lassus. He thought he had enough room but struck Hale’s vehicle as he was pulling out of the lot. Damage up to $5,000.