Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 6:15 a.m. Monday, May 18, West Broadway Street, east of North Pearl Street, Etna Green. Driver: Jacob M. Ashby, 32, Ohio Street, Rochester. Ashby was traveling east on Broadway Street when his vehicle began to hydroplane. His vehicle then struck a parked, unoccupied vehicle. No injuries were reported in the accident. Damage up to $10,000.
- 11:43 a.m. Sunday, May 17, North CR 450E, north of East CR 1050N, Syracuse. Driver: Ava M. Harker, 17, East Koher Road South, Syracuse. Harker was traveling north on CR 450E when a deer entered the roadway. Damage up to $5,000.
- 9:52 a.m. Sunday, May 17, South Packerton Road, north of East CR 800S, Claypool. Driver: Cerezo Gumersindo, 18, CR 23, New Paris. Gumersindo was travleing north on South Packerton Road when his vehicle hit standing water, causing his vehicle to leave the roadway. Damage up to $2,500.
- 2:47 p.m. Friday, May 15, North SR 13, south of EMS B7 Lane, North Webster. Driver: Kody L. Pierce, 23, EMS W30 Lane, North Webster. Pierce was traveling south on SR 13 when his vehicle left the roadway, striking a power pole guide wire. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the North Webster Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 12:38 p.m. Saturday, May 16, East CR 500N, near EMS T7 Lane, North Webster. Drivers: Ty S. Werker, 49, Cadillac Street, Ligonier; and Troy M. Long, 44, North Sawgrass Lane, Leesburg. Werker was traveling east on CR 500N when she rear-ended a boat trailer attached to Long’s vehicle. The boat on the trailer was pushed forward toward the tailgate of Long’s vehicle, causing damage to both the boat and Long’s vehicle. Damage up to $10,000.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 5:22 p.m. Saturday, May 16, 200 S. Huntington St., Syracuse. Drivers: Frederic R. Beer, 66, North Orn Road, Milford; and Justin K. Lantz, 34, South 7th Street, Goshen. Beer was backing his vehicle from a parking space when he struck Lantz’s vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.