Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents;
- 12:50 p.m. Sunday, May 17. On US 30 at the intersection of Springhill Road. Drivers: David L. Van Pelt, 50, East US 30, Pierceton; and Michael R. Beezley, 45, East Prarie St., Leesburg. Van Pelt was driving east on US 30 when he thought the light at the intersection was green. He then ran into the back of Beezley’s vehicle. Minor injuries reported. Damage up to: $10,000.
- 3:41 p.m. Saturday, May 16. East of Boeing Road, on CR250 N, Warsaw. Driver: Stephanie M. Smith, 37, Frontage Road, Warsaw. Smith was driving east when she stated she blacked out and left the roadway. Minor Injuries reported. Damage up to: $2500.
- 1:54 p.m. Saturday, May 16. West of 1200 Lake City Highway, Warsaw. Drivers: Cheryl A. Farrell, 71, West Kokomo Road, Claypool; and Deborah J. Marshall, West Pike St., Warsaw. Farrell was pulling in to a parking spot when she thought she hit the brakes, but instead accelerated into a concrete block, causing her to hit Marshall’s parked vehicle. Damage up to $5,000.
- 1:53 p.m. Friday, May 15. North of Anchorage Road, on North Detroit Street., Warsaw. Drivers: Thomas R. McCall, 57, East Winona Avenue, Warsaw; and Charles R. See, 56, East Levi Lee Road, Leesburg. McCall was driving in the right lane on Detroit Street. See was driving on the other side of the road when McCall veered over and hit him head-on. Damage up to: $10,000.
Officers with the Syracuse Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 2:02 a.m. Sunday, May 17. South of North Southshore Drive, on North SR13, Syracuse. Driver: Christy L. Stover, 45, Goldenrod Trail, Goshen. Stover was traveling southbound when a deer entered the roadway, causing a collision. The deer struck the front driver’s side. Damage up to $2,500
- 11:59 a.m. Friday, May 15. 902 S. Huntington St., Syracuse. Drivers: Braxton D. Jennings, 25, East Backwater Road, North Webster, and Daryl R. Daniels, North Eastshore Drive, Syracuse. Jennings was backing out his parking space when he hit Daniels’ parked vehicle. Damage up to $2500.