Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 5:48 p.m. Thursday, May 14. 3768 S. CR 275E, near East CR375S, Warsaw. Drivers: Pedro Ruiz, 27, Buchanan Street, Bronson, Mich.; and Clayton R. Wells, 20, East CR950S, La Fontaine. Ruiz was traveling south on South CR275 E, approaching the intersection of East CR375S. Wells was approaching the same intersection traveling northbound. Ruiz turned into a driveway, failing to yield for Wells. The collision caused wells vehicle to spin off the roadway. Ruiz did not have a driver’s license, ID card, or insurance for the vehicle. No injuries reported. Damage up to $50,000.
- 6:11 a.m. Thursday, May 14. West US 30, East of CR 650W. Driver: Bruce A. Chilton, 53, Beech Road, Bourbon. Chilton was driving east on US 30 when a deer entered the roadway. The collision caused enough damage to disable the vehicle. Damage up to $10,000.
- 9:01 p.m. Wednesday, May 13. South SR 25, North of West CR 700S, Claypool. Driver: Mita K. Denton, 55, South Woodland Trail, Warsaw. Denton was northbound on SR 25 when a deer entered the path of her vehicle. The deer struck the left front corner of the vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.
- 7:44 p.m. Wednesday, May 13. East Armstrong Road near North CR575E, Leesburg. Driver: Ranea A. Pontius, 32, South CR1400E, Akron. Pontius was driving westbound when she hit a deer. There was damage to the front passenger side. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the North Webster Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 11:31 p.m. Wednesday, May 13, West Tanya Avenue, west of South Linda Lane, North Webster. Driver: Donna S. Kennedy, 48, EMS W23C Lane, North Webster. Kennedy was backing her vehicle out of a driveway when she struck a parked, unoccupied vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.
Officers with the Winona Lake Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 6:01 p.m. Tuesday, May 12, Park Avenue, north of 9th Street, Winona Lake. Driver: Lary L. Sumner, 60, Woodland Hills Drive, Warsaw. Sumner was backing into a parking space when his vehicle struck a parked vehicle behind him. Damage up to $2,500.
Officers with the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office investigated the following accidents:
- 9:23 p.m. Thursday, May 14, West CR 600S and SR 25, Rochester. Driver: James L. Kelley, 72, Fulton. Kelley’s vehicle struck a stop sign.
- 2:49 p.m. Thursday, May 14, County Highway property. Drier: Anthony Styers, 22, Plymouth. Styers drove away from the gas pump with the hose still in the vehicle.
- 1:50 p.m. Thursday, May 14, US 31 north of CR 700N, Rochester. Driver: Lauren M. Berry, 35, Winamack. No information available.
- 11:18 a.m. Thursday, May 14, East Olson Road, Rochester. Driver: Lee D. Anthony, 38, Kokomo. Anthony struck a tree on private property.
- 9:55 p.m. Wednesday, May 13, SR 110 and CR 600W, Rochester. Drier: Larry D. Zechiel, 53, Argos. Hit deer.
- 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 13, US 31 and CR 300S, Rochester. Driver: Larry E. Hisey, 75, Twelve Mile. Hit deer.