INDIANAPOLIS — State Rep. David Wolkins (R-Warsaw) recently welcomed local students to the Indiana Statehouse.
The following students served as pages in the Indiana Statehouse during the 2020 legislative session:
- Seth Blossom, from Wabash, attends Wabash High School;
- Jace Bullins, from Wabash, attends Wabash Middle School;
- Paisley Clark, from Claypool, attends Edgewood Middle School;
- Isabelle Frank, from Wabash, is a home school student;
- Mikenzie Frank, from Marion, is a home school student;
- Alice Guyer, from Wabash, attends Southwood High School; and
- Karis Troyer, from Wabash, attends Classical Conversations.
Through the Indiana House Page Program, these students toured offices of all branches of government in the Statehouse, helped staff with daily responsibilities and joined Wolkins on the House floor to witness the legislative process, said a news release from the State Rep. Wolkins’ Office.
“I encourage students in our community to consider participating in this program next session,” Wolkins said. “Being able to spend a day at the Statehouse is a unique and rewarding experience. Never underestimate the impact one day can have on your life.”
Wolkins said that while this year’s page program has concluded, students between the ages of 13 and 18 should consider participating in 2021.