SILVER LAKE — A man was taken to a local hospital for smoke inhalation after a gas stove fire in Silver Lake.
Just before 6:30 p.m. Monday, April 6, Silver Lake and Claypool Fire Departments responded to a gas stove fire at 505 W. Hilltop Lane, Silver Lake.
According to dispatch reports, the tenant was being taken to Kosciusko Community Hospital.
The gas stove fire was reported as under control at approximately 6:50 p.m.
Parkview EMS, Lake Township Fire & Rescue, and NIPSCO assisted at the scene. Red Cross was also called to assist the tenant.