By Darla McCammon
Are you housebound with a cranky spouse and three bored kids? Or are you the only one home and going stir-crazy? Want to throttle those people who hoarded all the toilet paper? This week you can relax, get a break, imagine you are about to go on to Jeopardy and show the world you are a match for James Holzhauer.
I went back and took a look at some old columns of mine. Did you know I have written over 600 columns over the many years you have put up with me? Anyway, I found some fun info that you are going to try to answer for your potential stint on Jeopardy. You will get the questions this week and find the answers next week. Let me know how you did. Each question is worth 10 or more points. Ready?
- What is the difference between watercolor painting and oil painting (extra point if you also know the difference with acrylic)?
- What is the best way to hang artwork in your home (including approximate height on wall)?
- Should beginning artists first use pencil or brush and paint?
- What kind of subjects are best for beginners in art?
- What is a palette knife?
- What famous Rembrandt painting was stolen and remains unrecovered since St. Patrick’s Day 1990?
- What museum suffered the enormous loss of the above painting?
- What famous art museum hung a gown instead of a painting?
- What illustrious worldwide renowned designer received this honor?
- Can art be a lucrative career or am I more likely to become a starving artist if I go into a career in art?
- Who said, “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder?”
Due to uncertainty with the pandemic coronavirus outbreak, please contact individual event managers to determine cancellations, postponements, etc. We will monitor and report as accurately as possible and pray for your health and safety. In the meantime, Warsaw City Hall will be closed until further notice. I am also assuming Lakeland Art Gallery will be on hold until we receive an “all clear” from our medical research teams and governing officials.