WARSAW — The Kosciusko Community YMCA remains committed to providing a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone.
The changes apply to the Parkview Warsaw YMCA and the North Webster YMCA facilities.
During this time of uncertainty, the YMCA will balance the need for exercise and the benefits of social distancing. In support of our community, the health care system and based on conversations and guidance from local public health officials and YMCA resources, we are suspending additional programs and services until the end of the Month or until further notice, said a news release from the Kosciusko County YMCA.
At this time the YMCA will continue to remain open during regular business hours and Spring Program registration is still set to run as scheduled. Registration for Spring Programming will begin March 23 for YMCA members and March 30 for community members with programming beginning April 13. However, we wanted to take a moment to communicate changes to its current programming and services.
As of 2:00 PM, Monday, March 16th the following programs and services will be suspended through March 30th:
- The YMCA will temporarily be suspending entry to all non-members and anyone attempting to use a guest pass to visit the YMCA.
- No one under the age of 16 will be allowed in the facility
- Group Exercise programming including Water Aerobics will be suspended.
- Sauna use will be suspended
- All gymnastics programming will be suspended.
- All chronic disease, DPP, Livestrong, BPSM and Enhanced Fitness classes will be temporarily suspended.
- All programming including swim lessons, youth sports, and adult leagues will be suspended. The YMCA will keep all participants informed of its revised schedules in the coming days.
- School-age Childcare, Multi-Generation room and Child Watch programming will be suspended.
- All organized games (basketball, pickleball, etc.) will be suspended.
What the Kosciusko Community YMCA (Parkview and North Webster locations) is doing:
- The YMCA has informed all staff about best practices to minimize transmission.
- Cleaning Crews and Member Experience teams are cleaning more frequently high-touch areas such as door handles/pushes, tables/countertops, phones, handrails, etc.
- Staff have posted additional hand sanitization stations (while supplies last) throughout both of our Y’s.
- The YMCA is being vigilant in keeping our facility floor and equipment clean.
- The YMCA has posted signs throughout our YMCA’s encouraging hand washing and best hygiene practices.
- The YMCA is actively working toward broadcasting group fitness classes live on its Facebook page for members and the community. More updates will be coming soon.
Please continue to:
- Practice good hygiene as recommended on the CDC website.
- Please do not visit the Warsaw Parkview YMCA or the North Webster YMCA if you are experiencing symptoms such as coughing, fever, or sneezing.
- Begin practicing social distancing while working out. The CDC defines this as maintaining distance (approximately 6 feet or 2 meters) from others when possible – this is especially important for seniors and individuals who are at a higher risk of getting very sick.
- Be considerate of others and wipe down your equipment after use.
One of the priorities of the Kosciusko County YMCA has always been the health and safety of those we serve. The YMCA are in close contact with and activity monitoring updates from the CDC, Kosciusko County Health Department, Y-USA, and local health professionals.
As new developments emerge, changes may take effect without advanced notice. Patience is appreciated. If at any point we are advised to suspend additional programming or close the Y we will communicate it immediately via email, social media, and our website.