WARSAW — The Kosciusko County Alcohol and Tobacco Commission renewed nine permits and approved one permit transfer during a meeting on Thursday, March 5.
The board approved a permit transfer for Hunters BBQ Restaurant and Catering, Etna Green. Yavin Bamnolkar, the restaurant’s new owner, was present at the meeting.
A beer retailer permit for Tippy Creek Winery, Leesburg, was continued to the board’s April meeting due to no signage being posted in the building’s front window informing citizens of the business’s intentions to apply for a new permit. According to Excise Officer April Tackett, the state is allowing wineries to also hold a beer retailer’s permit. Daniel Richcreek, owner of Tippy Creek Winery, said he wants to establish two beer taps at the winery.
“A lot of husbands and wives come in, and most of the guys don’t like wine, so we’re just trying to accommodate everybody,” said Richcreek.
Nine permits were also renewed, including a permit owned by Elisabeth Thompson, Mentone. Thompson was present at the board’s March 2019 meeting for a permit transfer. At that time, the permit was owned by Bulldog Saloon but had been in escrow for approximately six years. Thompson told board members she has purchased property at 206 S. Broadway St., Mentone, and hopes to have her restaurant opened by summer 2021 at the latest.
The following permits were also renewed at the ATC meeting:
- Jay Petroleum Inc., doing business as Pak A Sak #34, 2124 SR 13, Pierceton. Beer and wine dealer – grocery store.
- Meijer Stores Limited Partnership, doing business as Meijer Store #267, 1200 Lake City Highway, Warsaw. Beer, wine and liquor – drug store.
- Paul Express Inc., doing business as Phillips 66 Convenience Store, 2518 E. Center St., Warsaw. Beer and wine dealer – grocery store.
- Fraternal Order of Eagles #3760, 12889 N. Kern Road, P.O. Box 433, Syracuse. Beer, wine and liquor – fraternal club.
- Stacy’s Sport Inn Inc., doing business as Stacy’s, 309 S. Main St., Leesburg. Beer, wine and liquor – restaurant.
- Freeland Enterprises Inc., doing business as Pizza Hut, 1112 S. Huntington Road, Syracuse. Beer, wine and liquor – riverfront.
- Patino’s Mexican Grill LLC, 918 N. Detroit St., Warsaw. Beer and wine retailer – restaurant.
- Mada Enterprises LLC, doing business as Barbee Hotel and Restaurant, 3620 N. Barbee Road, Warsaw. Beer, wine and liquor – restaurant.
The board’s next meeting will take place at 1 p.m. Thursday, April 2, in the Kosciusko County courthouse.