WINONA LAKE — A variety of unique locally handmade items will be auctioned at the Annual Charity Auction Fundraiser Friday, Feb. 28, in the Winona Heritage Room, 901 Park Ave., Winona Lake.
Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. and the auction, conducted by Glenn Hochstetler of MeadowBlend Auctions, will commence at 7 p.m.
Homemade pies and other desserts, provided by North Winona Church of the Brethren, will be available for a donation.
All proceeds will go to Habitat for Humanity of Kosciusko County to help provide local residents with homes of their own.
“Quilts and art are important to making a home warm and inviting,” said Liz Cutler Gates, who is coordinating the event.
Many of the auction items are on display around the county through Friday, Feb. 21, during office hours at the following locations:
• Bell Memorial Public Library, 101 W. Main St., Mentone
• North Webster Community Public Library, 301 N. Main St., North Webster
• Morgan Library, Grace College, 200 Seminary Drive, Winona Lake
• Warsaw Community Public Library, 310 E. Main St., Warsaw
• Warsaw City Hall, 102 S. Buffalo St., Warsaw
• Kosciusko County Courthouse, 100 W. Center St., Warsaw
A centerpiece of the live auction will be the “Lively Lakeside Living” quilt, which was pieced by women of the Winona Lake Grace Brethren Church and custom quilted by Kathy Slater of Stems and Stitches Studio, South Whitley.
For more information, call Gates at (574) 527-4522. To view some of the auction items, visit www.facebook.com/hfhokc.