WINONA LAKE — Grace College inducted 28 juniors and seniors to the Alpha Chi Honor Society in a ceremony on Jan. 18.
These high-achieving students have earned the top 10% of GPAs across all disciplines at Grace. They join nearly 11,000 students inducted annually into Alpha Chi from across the country, said a news release from Grace College.
Established in 1922, Alpha Chi is a national honor society with a rich history of scholarship and service. Grace College is home to one of 300 chapters that span nearly every state in the nation.
Alpha Chi students at Grace blend scholarship and service by coordinating the Communitas Symposium each spring. The symposium is designed to imitate a professional academic conference; students present papers, displays, artwork, and performances across the range of disciplines at Grace College.
At this year’s induction ceremony, each student was introduced by a faculty member from their major and presented with a certificate and pin. New Alpha Chi members will also receive honor cords to be worn at graduation. Chief Academic Officer Dr. Laurie Owen gave a brief address, and she was bestowed with an honorary membership.
Alpha Chi Honor Society Chapter Sponsor and Chair of the Language, Literature, and Communication Department Dr. Lauren Rich acted as emcee.
“As faculty, we look forward to this annual event celebrating our students’ academic accomplishments. Membership in Alpha Chi is an honor signifying students’ hard work, dedication to learning, and strong character,” said Rich. “These are students who have really distinguished themselves in academics throughout their time at Grace.”
Newly inducted members of the Grace College Alpha Chi Honor Society are:
- Sarah A. Clemans: worship arts major from Wakarusa.
- Madison Brill: interdisciplinary studies major from Hudsonville, Mich.
- MacKenzie Marilyn Moeller: history major from Barrington, Ill.
- Johanna Van Arkel: sport psychology major from Oskaloosa, Iowa.
- Aleesha DeVries: elementary education major from Byron, Mich.
- Alexander James Hall: accounting major from Valparaiso.
- Ethan Michael Maiyer: health science major from Ashland, Ohio.
- Ellie Morgan Nieveen: psychology and criminal justice major from Warsaw.
- Claire Mathias: health science major from Durant, Iowa.
- Ashley R. Beer: accounting major from Milford.
- Chantell Martin: visual communication design major from Goshen.
- Sierra Perdew: elementary education major from Pittsboro.
- Katherine Elizabeth Yocum: English major from Winona Lake.
- Aubrey Jester: health science major from Fort Wayne.
- Rebecca Joy Brood: elementary education major from Rudyard, Mich.
- Kaylee Brooke Houghton: Bible translation major from Cobourg, Ont.
- Benjamin Logan: environmental science major from Jonesboro.
- Calyssa Lehman: health science major from Berne.
- Gabriella Harrington: health science and chemistry major from Muncie.
- Hannah Nichole Porter: elementary education major from Columbia City.
- Emma Rhea Hicks: visual communication design major from Bruce Township, Mich.
- Julia Myers: health science major from Lodi, Ohio
- Megan Simmet: exercise science major from Anderson.
- Natalie Gerber: mechanical engineering major from Wakarusa.
- Cana Joy Ryan: intercultural studies major from Dayton, Ohio
- Gabriel Osti: finance and accounting major from Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Lauren Scott: elementary education and mild intervention major from Lawrenceburg, Tenn.
- Bailey Glass: sociology major from Laotto.
For more information on Alpha Chi Honor Society, visit www.alphachihonor.org. For more information about the Grace College Alpha Chi Chapter, contact faculty sponsor Dr. Lauren Rich at [email protected].