WARSAW — In observance of Christmas Eve, Christmas and the new year, multiple town offices in Kosciusko County will be closed with trash pickup delayed in some communities.
All local government offices will be closed Tuesday and Wednesday (Dec. 24 and 25) for the Christmas holiday, but one town will close offices until after the first of the year.
North Webster town offices will be closed beginning Monday until Jan. 2. Trash pickup will be unaffected.
All other town, city and county offices are closed Tuesday and Wednesday as well as New Year’s Day next week.
Leesburg, Winona Lake, Pierceton, and Mentone are closed on New Year’s Eve as well.
Here is a listing of towns and related changes involving trash pickup.
- Warsaw – Trash pickup will occur on Dec. 23, Dec. 26 and Jan. 2.
- Winona Lake – Thursday trash pickup will be moved to Friday, Dec. 27 and Friday, Jan. 3.
- Silver Lake – Trash service is not expected to be interrupted.
- Etna Green – Trash pickup will be unaffected.
- Claypool – Trash pickup will be delayed to Thursday, Dec. 26 and Thursday, Jan. 2.
- Leesburg – Trash pickup for both the week of Christmas and the week of New Year’s will start at 6 a.m. on Saturday.
- Pierceton – Trash pickup will occur Thursday, Dec. 26 and Thursday, Jan. 2, according to Advanced Disposal.
- Mentone – Trash pickup will be delayed to Thursday, Dec. 26 and Thursday, Jan. 2.
- Syracuse – Trash pickup will be unaffected.