By Denise Keller
Adult Programming Coordinator
The following programs are set to take place in October at the Warsaw Community Public Library:
- The library will host WorkOne computer and résumé/interviewing classes. Contact the library for details.
- Learn how to grown successful succulents at 6 p.m. Oct. 1. This program is presented by Honey Plant. $5 is due at registration prior to the event.
- Drop-in Zone with video games and virtual reality is Oct. 2. Teens play from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Adults play from 5:45 to 7:45 p.m. Experience virtual reality from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Oct. 31. Drop-in Zone is for those ages 13 and older.
- Chess Club meets from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Saturday.
- Learn how to train a dog with positive reinforcement. This program, presented by Furry Friends Obedience Training, is at 11 a.m. Oct. 5. No pets can be brought to the workshop. Register.
- Cookbook Club meets at 11 a.m. Oct. 7 for “beverage” recipes.
- Friends of the Library will have its monthly meeting at 1 p.m. Oct. 7. A book sale will take place from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Oct. 24, 2 to 5 p.m. Oct. 25 and 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Oct. 26.
- Terry Milton will read and sign his newly released children’s books at 6 p.m. Oct. 8. Books are available during the event for $16.95 each.
- Computer Clinic meets from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Oct. 9 and from 4 to 5:30 p.m. Oct. 30. Bring electronics for assistance.
- Chapter Chat Book Club meets at 1 p.m. Oct. 10 to discuss “1984” by George Orwell.
- Quilt Club meets at 9:15 a.m. Oct. 11.
- Make It and Take It — Create a pumpkin using iris folding at 5:30 p.m. Oct. 15. This program is for those ages 10 and older. Register.
- Nailed It! Teen Crafts meets at 4:30 p.m. Oct. 17.
- Bingo at the library will be from 2 to 3 p.m. Oct. 18.
- Fandom Friday spotlights Batman at 4:30 p.m. Oct. 18.
- Relentless Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Self-Defense class will be at 11 a.m. Oct. 19. Register.
- Paint with Carl Mosher at 5:30 p.m. Oct. 21. $20 is due at registration prior to the event.
- Ghost Hunting will take place at 6 p.m. Oct. 21. Register.
- Craft a needle-felted gnome with Midnight Rose Wool Felted Sculptures at 5 p.m. Oct. 22. $20 is due at registration prior to the event.
- A sewing for beginners program will be at 1 p.m. Oct. 24. Make a pillowcase. Register.
- Join the library for a Museum of Winona History and Billy Sunday tour at 2 p.m. Oct. 24. Register at the library.
- A “Foods on the Wild Side” program with Sue Delagrange will take place at 1 p.m. Oct. 28. Register.
- Teen Minecraft will be at 4 p.m. Oct. 29.
- Tierney Boggs will have a book signing at 5:30 p.m. Oct. 29. Books will be available during the event for $12 each.