WARSAW — The Kosciusko Community YMCA will host its first celebrating survivorship Lunch n’ Learn program from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Sept. 9. The topic is “drumming.”
The event will be held in the Parkview Center for Healthy Living. This time of learning and support is free to cancer survivors and their spouses, family and caregivers at any stage of their journey. Topic-oriented sessions will be combined with a light catered lunch in a Lunch n’ Learn format. Childcare will be available for YMCA members. No registration is required.
Lunch n’ Learn events will take place on the following dates and have the following themes:
- Oct. 14 – Learning About Lymphoma
- Nov. 11 – Grief and Bereavement
- Dec. 9 – Annual Livestrong Survivors Dinner
- Jan. 13, 2020 – Nutrition for Cancer Survivors
- Feb. 10 – Laughter Yoga
- March 9 – Gratitude Journaling
- April 13 – Gut Health, The New Brain?
- May 11 – National Melanoma Month