WARSAW — A house on Old Road 30E sustained about $50,000 damage from an electrical fire early Thursday morning, Aug. 15.
A family member at 3926 Old Road 30E awoke to the smell of smoke at about 3 a.m.
While there was plenty of smoke, it took firefighters nearly an hour to find the fire, which started near the kitchen and spread into the attic. Attempts to find the fire required pulling out lots of insulation from the attic, according to Warsaw-Wayne Fire Territory Fire Chief Michael Wilson.
“We found hotspots in the kitchen ceiling in about an hour,” Wilson said, adding that the fire spread through some of the insulation and moved into more than one area of the attic.
He estimated the damage was about $50,000.
There were no injuries, Wilson said.
The fire territory was assisted by Winona Lake and North Webster fire departments.