WARSAW — The Kosciusko County Alcoholic Beverage Board renewed several alcohol permits and addressed two permit violations during its meeting on Thursday, Aug. 1.
Joel Stein, owner of Channel Side LLC, was present at the meeting in regards to a violation from 2018 at The Barbee Landing, 3687 N. Barbee Road, Warsaw. According to Stein, the violation was due to food sales for the restaurant being estimated. Due to the type of alcohol permit the restaurant has, The Barbee Landing has to meet certain requirements regarding income.
“I’ve been upfront about it and was trying to be honest but I didn’t know the exact number,” said Stein. Stein also told board members that the restaurant recently had a new change in management, as Stein’s son is now the manager of The Barbee Landing.
“He has done a great job with the place and he eats, sleeps and breathes the business,” said Stein. “I’m now able to look at the computer for the restaurant myself and will always be guaranteed to know the exact numbers.”
The permit renewal for The Barbee Landing was approved.
James Hampton, representing Hammer’s Pub & Grub in Syracuse, was also present at the meeting due to a violation. Hampton told the board that he thought he renewed the business’s alcohol permit, but he accidentally renewed the restaurant’s gaming permit instead. This led to Hampton’s alcohol permit expiring. The board approved the renewal after hearing Hampton’s explanation.
A permit transfer for the Phillips 66 Convenience Store, Warsaw, was again continued to the board’s next monthly meeting. No representatives for the business were present at the meeting.
“This is the third time it’s been continued,” said Excise Officer April Tackett.
The following permits were also renewed:
- Hook-Superx LLC, doing business as CVS Pharmacy #6499, 308 S. Huntington St., Syracuse. Beer, wine and liquor – drug store.
- LM Acquisition Inc., doing business as New Market #770, 726 S. Huntington St., Syracuse. Beer and wine dealer – grocery store.
- Kroger Limited Partnership, doing business as Owen’s J-836, 302 W. Market St., Warsaw. Beer and wine dealer – grocery store.
- Hook-Superx LLC, doing business as CVS Pharmacy #6503, 618 S. Main St., North Webster. Beer, wine and liquor – drug store.
- Hook-Superx LLC, doing business as CVS Pharmacy #6462, 100 N. Detroit St., Warsaw. Beer, wine and liquor – drug store.
- Bar 13, 131 N. First St., Pierceton. Beer, wine and liquor – restaurant.
- Grit & Glitter LLC, doing business as Board and Brush Warsaw, 210 S. Buffalo St., Warsaw. Wine retailer – restaurant.
- Texas Roadhouse Holdings LLC, doing business as Texas Roadhouse, 700 W. CR 300N, Warsaw. Beer, wine and liquor – restaurant.
The board’s next meeting will take place at 1 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 5, in the Kosciusko County courthouse.