AKRON — The Tippecanoe Valley Distinguished Alumni Class of 2019 has been named.
The members of this year’s class join others who have led successful lives, while making substantial contributions to their chosen field of work or have provided outstanding service to their community, state, or country, according to a news release issued by the school district this week.
The Class of 2019 stands as a vivid example for all current and future students of what is possible for Tippecanoe Valley graduates.
The Class of 2019 includes:
- Terry and Sandra Tucker – Mentone High School Class of 1959
- John Hart – Mentone High School Class of 1974
- Ryan Williams – Tippecanoe Valley High School Class of 1976
- Rick Shepherd – Tippecanoe Valley High School Class of 1986
- Michael Jones – Tippecanoe Valley High School Class of 1993
- Tim Fleck (deceased) – Tippecanoe Valley High School Class of 1982
- Marty Gearhart (deceased) – Tippecanoe Valley High School Class of 1982
A formal dinner to honor these individuals will be held on Thursday, Sept. 12.
The Tippecanoe Valley Distinguished Class of 2019 will participate in Induction Day activities at Tippecanoe Valley High School on Friday, Sept. 13. Induction Day will begin with the welcome breakfast, introductions, group picture, and an orientation to the day ahead.
The honorees will spend the morning participating in a panel, emceed by local radio personality Rita Price, and will share information with students about their lives and chosen careers. The honorees will also eat lunch with the students.
The Valley Hometown Fund is promoting a tailgate event before the evening’s football game and the day concludes with an introduction of the inductees at halftime of the football game. A commemorative plaque will be presented to each member or family representative of the Tippecanoe Valley Distinguished Alumni Class of 2019.
Teachers Credit Union is the corporate sponsor of this year’s Tippecanoe Valley Alumni Dinner and the Induction Day activities.